Thread: Septic Tank Relocation?

Default Septic Tank Relocation?

So let’s say you have a septic tank that’s about 12’ from the house. But you want to build something where the tank is. I’m thinking drop in another tank 30’ away down the line and pump out, crush and backfill old tank. Then reconnect the plumbing to new tank and drain field.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 06-09-2018 at 06:46 PM.

That's shitty work for sure.

Will you need to add more drain line further down the line?

Hit up Lucas Septic and ask for Bodie Yarborough. Tell him Paul Taylor said to call.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Sounds expensive.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Sounds like you fixing to piss some money away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would assume, when you place tank 2 in area 2 you would have to make sure your drain lines are still at a negative grade, and I would recommend another clean out if 30' away.

Went through hell and back when I built my house just getting a perk test to pass fully, she gunna stay where she is forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Tank depth

Incoming line depth

Drain line leaving

Adding drain fill

Grade of the land.

First step is get out your grade rod and take shots of all these ^^^ to make sure It will work before you do anything else
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Call Willinghams in Newberry. Trust Me. They do it daily.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

you got to get by DEHEC to.

Call me when you’re ready for the backhoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Call me when you need stone to fill in the holes.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

call me if you need a toothbrush
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I added onto my home in 2016. i was in the EXACT scenario as you, the only logical place to add on to my house was right over the septic tank. My contractor handled it all, but it was one day worth of work and added about 2500$ to the project total i believe. i didnt have to add any drainlines or do anything other than abandon the old tank, install a new tank about 35' away and tie it back into my old drain system.

seeing as this was just "septic tank maint/repair" and seeing as "i wasnt adding another bedroom onto my home, just moving a bedroom and turning the old bedroom into a play room" Im pretty sure DHEC didnt have to get involved at all.