Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooster Fries

Default Rooster Fries

Bout as fresh as you can get. They were rollin around, wooin' the ladies just this morning.
    20180616_184652.jpg
    20180616_201258.jpg
    20180616_202746.jpg

Gross
    867-5309

Nope

Rooster fries and Old Milwaukee... you're on a roll.

Old Milwaukee is a dam good beer. I use to drink them cause I was poor and they were cheap I can afford a little better now but still buy them from time to time and enjoy them.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

My dad is a vet and I often went with him on calls. We went to a house when I was in middle school to a classmates house to castrate some hogs. We castrated 7 or 8 500 pound plus hogs.

It was awkward but I left it alone. But the kid decided to make a big deal out it the next day and the fact that my dad cut pig balls for a living. I listened to it for a while but finally asked him in front of everyone about the big pot his dad carried around to put all the balls in and what they ate that night?

That guy probably won't talk to me still to this day. Hard to overcome eating pig nuts hot pockets for supper when you are in middle school.

Ha, good story UGA. My little girls have eaten everything from turtle stew to deer tongue and deer heart sandwiches. We dont eat these things cause we have to, we do it because its sustenance that would otherwise be thrown to the scavengers. They are out of town this weekend. I will never ask them to eat testes of any sort, but next time the opportunity comes around they will be here and I won't have to ask if they want to try it. If daddy eats it, so will they.

By the way....they were quite tasty. Like tender clam strips....

A Big Sky Nut Fry is not to be missed. In all seriousness, I tried them skeptically the first time and they were delicious. Made sure I didn’t miss another nut fry after that when I lived out west. Like livers but tasted good. Cut the nuts off about 1500 steers every spring, there was plenty to go around.
    cut\'em

Publix has plenty of good food.

ETA: That is not impressive.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 06-16-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Rocky mountain oysters are good. Key is to spring em on a newbie before you disclose what they really are.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson, WY use to have them on the bar menu back in the day. My buddy and I got bought lots of beer and baskets of mountain oysters just so folks could watch us eat them. Lots of rude comments as you can imagine..

I'd be willing to try some of the small ones. But I couldn't handle some gigantic hog balls. I imagine it would be the worst chicken cordon bleu ever.

No thanks.

No thanks on my end. Ill have to take a pick of the nut bucket thats iced down when we cut calves while workin cows. Bout 3-400 of em...

Outstanding story, Ray.

I'm more grossed out by the fact you downed it with a Old Milwaukee

Our friends in Nebraska are huge cattle ranchers. The local lions club, etc. has "nut fry" just like they have a fish fry around here. They save little bull nuts all year for these events and are very popular out there. During one of our annual hunting trips they decided to have a nut fry for us. I was hesitant and thought of it much like eating rattlesnake, figured I'd choke on every bite. Anyway, the men cleaned, sliced, and prepped them much like getting a bag of fish fillets ready to cook. They had homemade cocktail sauce made with excellent horseradish from a local guy. I must say that an oyster plucked from the creeks of edisto and fried fresh was identical to the fried bull nuts. They were the same in looks, texture, and taste. You could blindfold most men and they'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. There was still that mental block when I thought of eating a bulls balls but aside from that they were very good. Doubtful that I'll ever enter a restaurant with hopes of finding mountain oysters or rooster fries on a menu but in the right place I'd eat them again.
    U serious Clark?

Gas station up the road was out of PBR

I pulled about two dozen hornworms off my tomato plants Saturday. Studied hard on fryin em up with some green tomatoes, but I couldn't stomach the idea.