Thread: Late corn options...

Default Late corn options...

Still haven't planted the DP it's been so wet.
    Tropical BT varities less than 90 day maturity?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

It’s more expensive but you can do canimaze dwarf corn. It only takes 60 for the regular and 70 for the round up ready corn. How many acres?

about 12...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

We planted and will lose a 20 ac field. Another 20ac is on the verge of going. A 15ac field may pull thru.

4" from "the week of Alberto" and 1.5" yesterday morning.

I'm curious as to a variety also. And would like to see one with a strong southern/northern leaf blight score and LL or RR capable. I do think I could go back with 1197 and make it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakeley View Post
    We planted and will lose a 20 ac field. Another 20ac is on the verge of going. A 15ac field may pull thru.

4" from "the week of Alberto" and 1.5" yesterday morning.

I'm curious as to a variety also. And would like to see one with a strong southern/northern leaf blight score and LL or RR capable. I do think I could go back with 1197 and make it though.
    I've sprayed the field twice since all the rain and still 2-3 days away from being able to disc it again, if it doesn't rain anytime soon!
    If next week will stay dry, it could be disced, bedded, and planted by weeks end.....wishful thinking!

You are not out of time but you may run out of water if we don’t get timely rains. It will pollinate in September which will either crush it or be great depending on heat. Dry down will be slow but who cares. If you feel good about the moisture issue I wouldn’t be scared to plant it all the way to July 4th. Sorry I don’t have a variety number but I would think anything 105 and less would be ok
    Last edited by Southernduck; 06-09-2018 at 08:05 AM.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You are not out of time but you may run out of water if we don’t get timely rains. It will pollinate in September which will either crush it or be great depending on heat. Dry down will be slow but who cares. If you feel good about the moisture issue I wouldn’t be scared to plant it all the way to July 4th. Sorry I don’t have a variety number but I would think anything 105 and less would be ok
    Copy.....ain't worried about moisture on most of the field.