Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mallard Limit Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I will not willingly pull the trigger on a shoveler again.
    I will shoot those ugly bastards like it's my job.......

Habitat loss is he issue not the number killed. The total harvest numbers won't budge south of Virginia
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I would imagine the tamie farmers will apply for a special preserve permit, exempting them from mallard limits. They didn't want to go that route in the past.
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Habitat loss is he issue not the number killed. The total harvest numbers won't budge south of Virginia
    agreed
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 06-08-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I will shoot those ugly bastards like it's my job.......
    I've killed like bookoos, crazy amounts in my past. Like sitting in a blind in front of a tractor trailer size load of cracked corn in a marsh with Corona and Kodiak breath shooting every one I saw. About six years back I killed a few one morning, nothing else out there, and prepared them. It was enough. Now, I have just tired of eating bad tasting ducks. I drew on a group with Nutz a couple years back, and thought would I really eat those poor things. I mean they're pretty ducks, but just being pretty doesn't do it for me these days. I'm sure one day if the pickings got slim I'd change my mind, and maybe break out a crock pot, some lipton soup packets.. or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've killed like bookoos, crazy amounts in my past. Like sitting in a blind in front of a tractor trailer size load of cracked corn in a marsh with Corona and Kodiak breath shooting every one I saw. About six years back I killed a few one morning, nothing else out there, and prepared them. It was enough. Now, I have just tired of eating bad tasting ducks. I drew on a group with Nutz a couple years back, and thought would I really eat those poor things. I mean they're pretty ducks, but just being pretty doesn't do it for me these days. I'm sure one day if the pickings got slim I'd change my mind, and maybe break out a crock pot, some lipton soup packets.. or something.
    Italian Dressing. The Zesty variety!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Feets, did you get my text the other day..

There is no THE issue, there are myriad issues. I agree that it is not number of ducks killed. Lowering the limits gets the pressure off quicker than anything besides abstinence. 6 duck limits were dumb to begin with, and they are dumber today.

We used to hunt a place that if you didn't shoot em, you'd be twiddling your thumbs. If I went there tomorrow I'd still burn em down

Now they need a set distance of 200yds from other hunters and get rid of duck ponds.i know it won't come true but a guy can dream.

Won't matter gadwall are the new mallards in SC
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

That settles it, I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Now they need a set distance of 200yds from other hunters and get rid of duck ponds.i know it won't come true but a guy can dream.
    Get rid of duck ponds. What exactly is the reasoning behind that?

really..... so then where and why are they going to stop in SC. For the abundant food and grass in the lakes and rivers? Or do you expect the government to feed them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

You’re a moron.

Ok I’ll quit imprinting ducks to my area. We’ll just stop planting and flooding altogether. No we don’t and never have released a duck.
    Go Tigers!!!

I think the issue is a 60 day season. Don't get me wrong, I love duck hunting and love the 60 day season, but our ducks get friggin hammered dalily in sc. Years ago duck hunting was a gentlemans game. Very few did it. With the commercialization of hunting every friggin species, every redneck with a shotgun goes after any and everything!

What about having the season stretch over the same timeframe, but say only allow hunting on mondays, and Friday and Saturday. I believe we run all of our ducks off with the amount of pressure they receive.

No wonder the mallards are stopping in Missouri these days. A mallard can't find rest any day of the week in the green tree reservoirs in Arkansas! It's insane the amount pressure down there. Damn near the same thing here in sc.

The damn mallards I do kill here in sc are so friggin wigged out about coming in that they circle 30 damn times before committing! They used to circle once or twice and dump in....not no mo!

Hell....all this pressure we putting on birds now and days makes even the divers look smart.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 06-08-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    I prefer these

Attachment 36413
    Don't we all but that right there is rare as a motha fugga these days in natural swamps like you are hunting. Only people getting straps like that regularly anymore are hunting flooded corn.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 06-08-2018 at 03:17 PM.

I ain't rich like them bastards around Santee that rent a blind for $30000 just to shoot ringers and tamies.All I got is public hunting so duck ponds complicate the public situation.rich people can plant corn and flood it and then if I put corn in the water...I'm the bad guy.what kind of reasoning is that?
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 06-08-2018 at 03:19 PM.