Thread: TUESDAY!!!

tradorion Coots

Yes it is- and in about 6 short hours i will be chasing hogs on the Gun Club with ole Stripa Swipa... just finished touching up some broadheads and tweaking some arrows... now just piddling with stuff as only hunters can do... really ought to try to get some sleep- but sleep is highly over-rated...

R

I have a hard time sleeping the night before a hunt too.

Good luck today!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Stick a big one Trad...actually not too big, those 100 pounders are about perfect for the cooker. Let us know how you do.

Good luck Tradorion, We need a report when you get back.
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

tradorion Coots

While I will refrain from "excessive" commentary in order to allow Stripa to pontificate on his day with Trad- I must make a few points before he comes on here and BLATANTLY stretches the truth... I drug him around like a rag doll doing breakfast and visiting some folks... We met a BAD ASS self-bowyer from NC. His bows were sweeeeet and we shot them awhile. We tried stalking at the gun club but there were too many people which had everything shut down and moved out of the area. We secured permission on a couple of pieces of land and that is where the fun begins...

We discovered while travelling over what seemed like 27 miles of dikes that hogs are pile-producing ghosts (they suck in pluff mud and push it out in all sorts of neat shapes and sizes) and the whole time they were laughing at us...

And then in the final minutes of the hunt, while looking at the tree the boat was tied to and thinking we might get whupped.... there they were-4 hogs.

1 Certified GREAT BIGGUN and 3 definite REAL GOODUN's... BIGGIE and 2 others were black, one other was brindle... we shared some dike space with them (ever notice just how narrow a dike can seem at times... funny- you can drive a trac-hoe over it one day and the next it seems so narrow)...

Stripa attempted to invite each and every one of them for an up close and personal dinner... No, you pessimists that does not mean he shot and missed... but they did share some quite personal space... For some reason none of them wanted to go for a boat ride.

They did however, enjoy testing the theory of whether two objects (a person and a pig) could occupy the same space at the same time... No matter how they tried- and trust me EACH AND EVERY HOG tried to share space with Stripa, they just couldn't make it happen. Stripa kept hollering something like [img]graemlins/withstupid.gif[/img] but he looked like [img]graemlins/3way.gif[/img] with those piggies...

Stripa will have to give further details... and maybe, just maybe, he'll tell you about the ducks.

Goodnite, and God bless!

T

ps- one of you military guys give my former Citadel hunting buddy a quick class in hand and arm signals... somehow "I see them" turned into "They have great big tusks!!!"

Uuuhhhh.....

The next time I let Trad "bring out the real hunter in me" I'm going to remind the real hunter to bring an extra pair of underwear. Trad sees pigs, makes some kind of funny face with his fingers that look like he's imitating a boar with tusks, then I notice Biggun is coming at us at a steady clip. I hop down into the briars off the side of the dike, get the bow up and wait for biggun to appear in front of my arrow for a two foot running shot. The wind is quartering toward biggun and when he gallops into eyesight and I start drawing the bow, he catches wind and explodes off the other side of the dike into the marsh. Well, at least he didn't eat me! Then, Tarzan chases after the gooduns. Runs'em right out into the marsh, goes after'em yelling heeeaahhh like some kind of cowboy, and pigs start squirting out of the marsh and meeting me face to face at about 8 feet. Ofcourse each one comes unglued and provides no shot but we had some fun. Trad was truly born 150 years too late and I can't wait until my next shot at those rascals. The ol'man with all the selfbows is a story for another day. I'll just say, Longbow, I know what I'm looking for now.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

It sounds like it would have made a great video!!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I was down there also. Were you the guys with all of the boats near the shower house? I hunted the first evening. If you want to kill some hogs you need to come down in Feb with the pistols. We have killed quit a few the last couple of years.
    Low country redneck who moved north

[img] DSCF0055 [/img]
    Low country redneck who moved north