Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ten dolla chicken

I like the chicken salad made with eggs.. Well, I like egg salad sandwiches.

Waldorf chicken salad.. I do kinda like that

Smoked quarters once a year with CHS..

Chicken Salad
    Egg Salad
    Suddenly Salad

All of the _________ salads are great. I'm ready for summer. This part of winter sucks.

Whole chickens are great. Cut the meat off the bone and then use the bones, neck and gizzards to make chicken stock.

Suddenly salad ranch and bacon is delectable

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    All the "doggo moms" do this. If you ever see sad old ladies wandering from the deli to the produce section of Publix with an arm load of rotisserie chickens, it's because they're using the produces scales to weigh them to see which ones are under the advertised weight. I think the packaging says guaranteed to be two pounds. They take all the ones they get for free, and donate them to the animal shelters for all of the pitbulls to eat instead of their usual meal of childrens' faces.
    That is just sad. I am cross with Publix because they just built a new store in the middle of the largest outflow creek in town. Now all the old businesses around are flooding out every time it rains. Who didn't see that coming? Meanwhile, every time a squirrel takes a shit and it falls in one of my creeks, there is a NCDEQ fuckwad with his finebook hiding behind a rock...

We don't even have a fancy grocery store, our Food Lion is my last go to in town to find anything. We did get an Old Timey meat market which is nice, up until they opened I had to order all of my steaks ahead of time.

They keep prime ribeyes in, which just slaps makes me happy.

I love that place, too. Thanks for turning me on to it...

We have a new Ingles, Fresh Market, Harris Teeter, and now a Publix all basically on the same block. I think we could have done without putting the newest one of them in the damn creek...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That is just sad. I am cross with Publix because they just built a new store in the middle of the largest outflow creek in town. Now all the old businesses around are flooding out every time it rains. Who didn't see that coming? Meanwhile, every time a squirrel takes a shit and it falls in one of my creeks, there is a NCDEQ fuckwad with his finebook hiding behind a rock...
    I like Publix. I also really like Ole Timey. The problem I run into is that I usually find myself over paying for beef at Publix because I don't want to make more than one stop on my way home during the week. I can't get everything I need from Ole Timey.

But Publix has the best quality beef out of any other large grocer in the area. I don't count Lowe's because they have lost their way. I used to love the one up in Blowing Rock, but the one they opened here is just nonsense. I've been in once, and it was to drink half priced beer on a Thursday. People go crazy over it, there are actual regulars at this thing. Nonsense.

And I live in a grocery store Mecca. Publix, Lowes, Ole Timey, all within a couple mile radius. Four Oaks Farm a five mile drive. Wingard's has some killer honey right across the street from me.

i dont want to live in a country where people find ways to return pre-cooked chickens under 2lbs.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

My wife will drive over to the new Fresh Market in the northeast occasionally, and once every so often we'll head over to Whole Foods near 2th. I basically drive over there to eat at Basil, then we walk around the Whole Foods like we belong.

I get lost looking at exotic fruits and there seems to be an influx of Arabian women in yoga pants.

Persian maybe, that one gets me. I don't think they're belly dancing.

either way, it makes it worth the visit. I just cant afford to buy much at whole foods while I'm there....

If they are sorta good looking, Persian...

I just walk the exterior.. The fruits and stuff on one side, next walk around and look at the smoked fishes, then the cheese, then I glare at all of the pastries, cakes, all of that.. in the bakery.

update:
    fresh market has $5 rotisserie chickens today