Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten dolla chicken

I can't post the pic- but the chart tells the tale

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    The first four letters of your username told us all we needed to know on your organics and the like.
    I don't buy food because it is organic or hormone free. I buy food that taste the best. I spray plenty of roundup and other chemicals around my own garden, but keep judging.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipper View Post
    Hormones , antibiotics, wheres the proof?
    Amick tried to go mostly antibiotic free 2ish years ago. What they found was that birds would get sick and require the meds. When the birds were placed, they stick a "Antibiotic Free" sign out by the road and pull it off on the way out from injecting meds, if they had to. Personally, most growers are very conscientious, but I have seen a fair share of "questionable" management actions that I know the integrator never knew of.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

For about a year and a half I worked at a manufacturing company that was adjacent to a chicken processing plant. One of my co-workers, who was a former employee of said chicken plant, and I noticed there was a crazy large mosquito on the glass outside the break room. Like freakishly large. My co-worker commenced to explaining to me that those jokers are everywhere near the chicken plant. He says they bite the chickens and get a solid dose of something.

Now I'm not one to believe conspiracy theories, but all I knew was I had never in all my life seen a mosquito that big and there seemed to be no other explanation. Too much to count up to confidence.

After that I started noticing them more often. Freaks I tell ya.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Injecting meds? Like needles? Giant mosquitos? Maybe just maybe it drank a lot of blood. Bc (believe it or not) chickens bleed when you kill them.

I'm full of some of the strongest man blood you can find in a red blooded Murican. And the mosquitoes at my house, who happen to eat me alive when I'm out doing man stuff, ain't nearly as big as the ones I witnessed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

10-4. Go run and tell all the other soccer moms that chickens are full of steroids

Worked with a fella that used to work in a chicken plant and was in Vietnam. He would tell a story about Vietnam before he would his days working at the chicken plant. He said working in that chicken plant was worse than the war and that after a couple months working there he swore he would never eat chicken again. To this day he does not and will not eat chicken, regardless of how its cooked.

Also, our company used to contract manufacture all kinds of steroids, antibiotics, and what not for chickens, hogs, and beef. One of our Chinese customers told me that a particular steroid we were making was used to enlarge the thighs and breast of chickens.

I got a buddy that owns chicken houses and he doesn't eat chicken.
    He's got two boys that he doesn't let them eat chicken.
    His wife doesn't eat chicken anymore.
    Hmmm.....

I like chicken.

Y'all got to start shopping at Aldi's. Its where us poor people have to go. As steelin would say about us.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Misinformation abounds....

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    10-4. Go run and tell all the other soccer moms that chickens are full of steroids
    Meh. Won't do that cause I ain't got hard proof. But I saw what I saw.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    Worked with a fella that used to work in a chicken plant and was in Vietnam. He would tell a story about Vietnam before he would his days working at the chicken plant. He said working in that chicken plant was worse than the war and that after a couple months working there he swore he would never eat chicken again. To this day he does not and will not eat chicken, regardless of how its cooked.

This is true about most food processing plants. I work in the packaging industry and have been in chicken plants, pork plants, potato chip plants, etc. The only one I will not eat is a certain brand of potato chips. I have never seen so many rats bailing off the conveyor belt carrying potatoes to the shredder.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Y'all got to start shopping at Aldi's. Its where us poor people have to go. As steelin would say about us.
    Yep, we just some them deplorables according to him.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    We use to raise for Tyson. They got money hungry and quit looking out for the smaller farms(wouldn’t extend contracts/denied building houses) and only catered to the Vietnamese women coming over here and building 12-16 house farms. Needless to say we grow for Purdue now and it’s been a joy. They’re very thankful for us smaller farmers.

As far as hormones, that’s a load of bullshit. Sportin’ hit the nail on the head.
    So from someone who knows, my understanding is that there are a lot of antibiotics in the feed, considering the close proximity of the living quarters, just like feed lots. As for how the broilers reach killing weight in 4-7 weeks is selective breeding. Is this all correct? If so, I still find it hard for a person to argue that loads of antibiotics given to a chicken could be good for us to ingest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like dark meat fried chicken, that's it. If I'm wrong I don't want to be right.

You're not ingesting antibiotics.

No animal in America is allowed to have antibiotics in its system at time of slaughter

And if someone has processed a certain animal or picked up the dead ones and therefore can no longer eat that animal, that guy is a personified vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like dark meat fried chicken, that's it. If I'm wrong I don't want to be right.
    You like fried seasoned flower and grease. The chicken has nothing to do with it as it has no flavor. It’s just the matrix that holds the part with flavor together.

You're describing KFC's extra crispy.. Colonel Sanders didn't even like that.. it's wallpaper paste.