Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ten dolla chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    That thing was nasty. Was it the chicken or the cess pool, er I mean lake, you were hanging out in?
    A little of a, a little of b. The scab just finally fell off in the last two weeks. Nasty looking scar...

Update.

So I went to Ingles yesterday. The Perdue regular whole chicken was ELEVEN Dolla. You chicken farmers must be driving Bentley Pickup's by now...

Naw, just NEW 80/k pick-up trucks
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I went into the Lidl store yesterday and walked past the chickens. To my delight, I saw small, less than 4lb birds in the vacuum sealed bags. Looked at the sticker and it was 0.95/lb. I thought, "this can't be" and grabbed the 10 smallest ones I could find. Price tag? $31 out the door. I grabbed a sale flyer on the way out and the wife scanned it when I got home. Those chickens were going on sale today for 0.65/lb. Whole, 3.5ish lb birds for just over $2. I'm headed back today, but we ain't stopping at 10 this go-round...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

You can't grow um/process/package and ship for .65/lb and make a profit I don't think
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Chicken is like white toast.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You can't grow um/process/package and ship for .65/lb and make a profit I don't think
    The .65/lb. are the ones that sit on the floor of the packing house for several days.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Overpriced perishables that don't sell at all aren't very profitable either.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Chicken is like white toast.
    Worthless creature. If they didn’t lay eggs I’d lobby for their extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Update.

So I went to Ingles yesterday. The Perdue regular whole chicken was ELEVEN Dolla. You chicken farmers must be driving Bentley Pickup's by now...
    Chicken farmers are pitted against one another in a tournament. It is kind of like a playoff. I wouldn't expect you to understand.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I went into the Lidl store yesterday and walked past the chickens. To my delight, I saw small, less than 4lb birds in the vacuum sealed bags. Looked at the sticker and it was 0.95/lb. I thought, "this can't be" and grabbed the 10 smallest ones I could find. Price tag? $31 out the door. I grabbed a sale flyer on the way out and the wife scanned it when I got home. Those chickens were going on sale today for 0.65/lb. Whole, 3.5ish lb birds for just over $2. I'm headed back today, but we ain't stopping at 10 this go-round...
    That's about a Cornish game hen, thanks for the heads up.
    cut\'em

Egg yolks make this world just a little brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Cornish game hen
    Now there is the most worthless animal ever invented. I would rather eat white pine bark soup...

I like whole chickens, and I like white toast. Very versatile foods.

chicken skin=crust of a loaf of bread

chicken thighs=heel of a crusty loaf of white bread

boneless skinless chicken breast=fluffy center of a loaf of bread(both are worthless and cannot be eaten on their own)

they're vessels

thighs and legs fried are good, if someone can fry them correctly

If you don't like fried chicken, you probably love you some borscht, eh comrade?

Cornish hen is nothing more than a smaller, younger broiler.

Whatever. Half cooked ones over an open campfire suck Somali balls.

I love whole chickens. For $5, I can get a Publix brand fresh chicken. Take it home and put it on the weber for 30 minutes to an hour. My wife and I will eat half for dinner that night, then she will make me chicken salad for the office with the other half.

Publix mojo chickens are the best for chicken salad, though. The Publix deli rotisserie chickens are laughably small, however. I shouldn't be telling you rubes this, but if you ever get one that weighs less than two pounds cooked, you can take it to the customer service desk, and they will give it to you for free. No shit. All the "doggo moms" do this. If you ever see sad old ladies wandering from the deli to the produce section of Publix with an arm load of rotisserie chickens, it's because they're using the produces scales to weigh them to see which ones are under the advertised weight. I think the packaging says guaranteed to be two pounds. They take all the ones they get for free, and donate them to the animal shelters for all of the pitbulls to eat instead of their usual meal of childrens' faces.