Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High Tide Rebuild Layout

Lookin good.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

He's overthunk every detail of this thing from the compartment that fits a Yeti, baitwell that fits a 5 gallon bucket closed, enough length on the rod tubes to fit a fly rod, wide enough slot to fit a shotgun under the gunnels, etc. I'm ready to catch a redfish off the front while he poles me around.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    He's overthunk every detail of this thing from the compartment that fits a Yeti, baitwell that fits a 5 gallon bucket closed, enough length on the rod tubes to fit a fly rod, wide enough slot to fit a shotgun under the gunnels, etc. I'm ready to catch a redfish off the front while he poles me around.
    He's got a mid-production pirogue tucked away in the shop too.

Asking to ask... Instead of space for a yeti 45, why not just do an insulated box...?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If you want the deck space, you can remove the cooler.
    DILLIGAF

Yeah the plan is to use the yeti 45 as an extra seat or to extend the front deck.

If you look close at the tops of the rod holder parts on the right you can see holes for wire routing and the gas line.

IMG_20210124_145237384_HDR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    If you look close at the tops of the rod holder parts on the right you can see holes for wire routing and the gas line.

IMG_20210124_145237384_HDR.jpg
    I might have missed it scanning this on my phone....what is your gas tank plan??

It'll go in the forward hatch

Slick

If you look close at the tops of the rod holder parts on the right you can see holes for wire routing and the gas lin
    Aha! I see it now. I was looking on your port side. May already be under consideration, but I'd put low wattage lighting all through the cockpit instead of one side, and aim at the sides of the boat so it's reflected there and the light doesn't bounce off something in your boat and blind you.

It'll go in the forward hatch
    There's two forward compartments. One is hatched and the other once looks like a WIP. Is the tank going in the one that is currently hatched or behind it? Speaking of the one behind that one, where are you going to hinge that one? Are those channels going to drain into the gunnels or terminate?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been doing this same thing in my head for as long as I've had my 17.

So far I am going to do catwalks just like yours. A rear and front casting deck. A large forward compartment for anchor storage and a larger behind forward storage so my wife's towels and snacks can stay dry on beach trips. Side console just like yours, and trim tabs.

I may also make my sides a little higher and flare them more (or use the gunnels for the flare) since I would be losing a true cap. Rear casting deck would have two livewells. One for bait, one for fish, (or live shrimp).

I'd level out the cut out on the transom to raise the motor (140 Suzuki) to the right height, so I can lose this jackplate.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 02-11-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The most forward hatch is just an anchor locker (wet storage) it drains into the cockpit, you can see the drain holes in the bottom two corners of the forward cockpit bulkhead.

The rear forward hatch is a work in progress and will be dry (hopefully). I plan to get an aluminum ~10 gallon tank for it eventually. I think the tank vent is visible behind the running light in one of the images on the port side. It will hinge along the forward edge. The gutters drain into the cockpit.

I thought about plumbing lines under the floor so everything could drain to the bilge but I did not want to put holes anywhere in the floor to try and reduce the chances of getting water in.

Have your tank custom made for the rear forward hatch. Wide and lean. More room for storage, and you will lose less shit around and under it. Pricey but worth it.

You'll want drains in everything otherwise everything becomes a bucket you cant turn over.

Gel coat or clear resin?

The fuel compartment also has two drains that plug up that go into the anchor locker drain tubes. I designed the fuel compartment to accommodate the tank below because I can't afford a custom a custom tank.

I'll glass over all the wood to seal and add some impact resistance then paint it. I'm working with epoxy so it's been easier just to paint everything.

https://fueltankparts.com/collection...-aluminum-tank

You've got it worked out for sure.

Looks great. I am excited to see the finished product.

Looks great! I have always wanted to see one built like this.

Here's a picture from the beginning
    Edit- another thing I wasn't crazy about on the high tides is how small the drainage area is, I went from outside to outside stringer on this one.

IMG_20180816_203910609_LL.jpg
    Last edited by BET; 02-12-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Suggestion:

What are you planning? That's pretty wood, and fine workmanship. Are you going to cover it up with glass and gelcoat or do a varnish to show it off?
    Interested in this part as well.

It's just plywood, I'm glassing over and painting

You need to use this one to make a mold and start laying out new ones in glass. You will be Wealthy in 10 years.

This is the best HT rebuild I have ever seen. Excellent craftsmanship!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk