Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf Range Finder?

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Leupold GX 3i or something to that effect. I use it for hunting as well.
    That’s the one you want and their customer service is what you would expect. I just can’t make myself buy any Bushnell optics
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I had, and used, the Golf Logix app. It had about 20 different half-played rounds on it. I would always forget to check all of my shots in, then just close it out and not worry about it the rest of the round. It had a lot of cool stats I liked to follow. I just use my imagination for yardages. Like, "Hhmm, that looks like an easy 8 iron."

I never put my rounds or anything in golf Logix. I played with the old man dogfight every once and a while and saw one of them with it. That all seemed too much for me. I put my scores in for my index and that's it. I play on the same course I grew up on, been playing it for thirty some odd years. I like close to exact yardage sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I never put my rounds or anything in golf Logix. I played with the old man dogfight every once and a while and saw one of them with it. That all seemed too much for me. I put my scores in for my index and that's it. I play on the same course I grew up on, been playing it for thirty some odd years. I like close to exact yardage sometimes
    But Gutpile said you aren't good enough to need exact yardage.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Exact yardages are for bow and arrows.....it’s a club and a ball, don’t overthink this one

I mostly use them in wedge range. Anything else on our course I'm firing for fronts of greens. I'm not what I call good, 6.ish right now after a six year absence. I've played with good players.

I mostly use them in wedge range. Anything else on our course I'm firing for fronts of greens. I'm not what I call good, 6.ish right now after a six year absence. I've played with good players.
    We need to go play sometime.

Yep. That and staying out of trouble.

Id love to play with some scduck members!
    Last edited by JBK; 05-29-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I'm open throughout some weekdays. I playing a fair amount right now, just let me know. No white belts though, those things just hurt my feelings.

I didn't say HS wasn't good enough, from what I understand he hits it pretty dang good.

I just said that I have only played with 2 people good enough to really take advantage of one. 1 played on the hooters tour for a while, the other plays on UGA's golf team at the moment.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I didn't say HS wasn't good enough, from what I understand he hits it pretty dang good.

I just said that I have only played with 2 people good enough to really take advantage of one. 1 played on the hooters tour for a while, the other plays on UGA's golf team at the moment.
    I'd have to disagree with the statement on "being good enough". It isn't about how good you are or how well you have your irons dialed in to specific yardages. It also speeds up the pace of play. Instead of having to search for sprinkler heads with yardages, and then walk the yardage off to your ball, you can pull out a range finder or GPS app on your phone and get the yardage right away. Also, a 140 yard shot vs 150 yard shot is a 1 club difference. If you can tell the difference of 10 yards with your eyes, you're better than me.
    :FYT:

I have a Bushnell Neo Ion watch. I like it very much. It comes loaded with over 35,000 golf courses, no subscription or anything like that. It seems pretty accurate. I mostly like it because it reads up to 4 hazards per hole...like distance to water and carry distance. It was pretty cheap too.

I am certainly not good enough to need it, I just like having it. It helps folks that I play with more than it helps me. LOL
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.