Thread: Ty Cobb Hunting Quail

Default Ty Cobb Hunting Quail

Saw this on another forum and thought it was pretty interesting. There is no sound.

http://dvr-streaming.mirc.sc.edu/aut...0_Mez1_Acc.m4v

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

That dog on the first point was a liar. I hate a lying dog. And if I was hunted off horseback I would hate a lying dog even more. The dog was probably pointing a stink sparrow. Course it was a might windy and that could have been the problem. Good film though.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Cool video!

We used to squirrel hunt from horseback.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    That dog on the first point was a liar. I hate a lying dog. And if I was hunted off horseback I would hate a lying dog even more. The dog was probably pointing a stink sparrow. Course it was a might windy and that could have been the problem. Good film though.
    First thing that came to mind when you said lying dog

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Some pretty wide open country...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    First thing that came to mind when you said lying dog
    Jerry was the best. He grew up old school more like I grew up. We know a lying dog when we see one. My dad loved listening to Jerry and so did my son. He came to Greenwood one year when my son was about 7 years old. The boy wanted to go see him so I took him to the show. That was one good thing about Jerry, you could take kids to his shows cause they were family friendly. After the show my boy wanted to meet him and shake his hand so I took him on stage. He saw other people getting Jerry's signature and he wanted one too. Jerry spoke to him a bit and the boy asked if he could have a signature. Problem was we didn't have any paper for him to sign. So Jerry took a dollar bill out of his own billfold and signed it then gave it to the boy. I liked him even more after that.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That was cool.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Good Video
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Cool video
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I listened to that coon hunting monkey routine just the other day.
    Hunting outside the box

I believe that footage was filmed at Robert Woodruff's Ichauway Plantation in Baker County, GA.. I saw some Ty Cobb photos there. Makes sense - Woodruff and Cobb had close business ties - Cobb owned 3 CocaCola bottling facilities.

The Ty Cobb museum in Royston, GA is about 40 minutes from here . It's a small, but interesting place. Cobb was quite the entrepreneur. The NE GA region owed him quite a debt - he single handedly funded the Hospital and Medical system in the region.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

More interesting and useless trivia about the Cobbs - Ty Sr had a reputation as being tough on his kids. Including publicly beating his son Ty Jr with a whip when he found that Jr flunked out of Princeton. He later became estranged from all of them at least for most of their lives.. Ty Jr. later became a Medical Doctor in the Augusta area. ( Graduating from what is now MUSC) Jr. was a big bird hunter, and killed a Jack Miner banded goose in Georgia.( Ty Jr later died of a brain tumor at the age of 42. )

Ty Cobb Sr is a much revered person here in NE GA. During the Great Depression, He and Robert Woodruff quietly funded a study on Malaria in SW GA that led to a mass dispensation of Quinine that cured thousands of poor folks who otherwise would not have been treated. This program later evolved into what we now know as the CDC.. Woodruff donated the original 15 acres where the CDC is still located to this day. Both he and Cobb donated money - anonymously.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 05-30-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.