Thread: Watch out, Men...

I just talked to Owen and I'm taking the trip down to see him tomorrow to have him set me up and get me on the right path to "Jedi-In-Training" stardom... [img]graemlins/icon_bounce01.gif[/img]

If all goes well, when I leave there I'll be armed with more 'smarts' than I'll know what to do with and I'll be meeting my partner in the woods on the return trip for an evening hunt. [img]graemlins/deer.gif[/img]

Any words of wisdom from Jedi Master will be welcome.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Well bring your patience cap, they're busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest around there right now.

Hot doggy....another cult memeber! Newbies in this group are appreciated. You will not hear terms like "rubberhead" when you're around traditional archers. Only things that will get you shunned in this group are 1) poor hunting ethics 2) dull broadheads 3) carbonated hunting clothes 4) hanging out with Tradorian too much 5)not having enough fun. May the force be with you.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Go for it woodie! Spend more than you got and buy more than you need, that way you'll know your having a good time. May the force be with you.
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

tradorion Coots

or you get smacked around if you find out your hunting buddy is bi-bow (likes trad and modern) and then you shun him on General Principles!!

but yeah- poor ethics/attitude and dull broadheads or poorly set-up equipment will get you tossed from my camp faster than anything...

hope all are well- i might actually get to go chase one tomorrow eve!!!

R

FWIW, my buddy shoots an old compound. I'm glad to see that most of you guys have them too because I'm sure I'll be tempted one of these days.

No worry about ethics as far as I can see.

One of the things I'll be picking up tomorrow if he has them is a broadhead sharpener. I'm not sure I trust myself to get a good edge on them with my old stones. I've been keeping my three sharp ones in reserve for hunting only so I may pick up some more tomorrow. I'm waiting to see what arrow/head setup he recommends to me.

Don't own any carbon suits. I just use pine soap and scent blockers.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.
    ~ George Washington

well...I think i'll head over to Jeffrey's here in a bit. I wonder what Woodie looks like? Wait, don't answer that.

They don't open till 10:00, right?

Anybody need anything? I'll put it on Woodie's bill....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2thDoc,

I was there from about 11 'till almost 2. Did you make it over? Were you the guy who bought a Parker Hunter Mag from a friend and it was too small for him?

Owen is quite a guy. He went right to work and set things up - reversed the twist on my string, increased the brace height, lowered my nock point, changed the rest, and straightened the slight twist in the tip of one of the limbs. After that we shot a few arrows and with a couple of minor corrections to my technique he had me on the bullseye at 20 yds. He also changed me to 2114 arrows. Wanted 2016's but Tom didn't have any with feathers. I'll work with it this weekend and see how it goes.

I would have taken him to lunch but he had things to do so he could play hookie this afternoon.
    ~ George Washington

Woodie sounds like your set [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    More fuel = more boost!!