Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Murph...

First Murph attempt. Partitioned

43:20

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Got mine on Sunday.

Plate carrier w/ 3 loaded M4 mags & Camelbak on.

About 50 minutes. Partitioned and jumping pullups at the end. Smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by swamp fox View Post
    52:30 no weights. 6:42 1st mile, 7:30 2nd mile. Pull ups 16×6+4, push up 50×4, squat 50x6. Had to kip the last 20 pull ups or would have never finished. Pretty intense.
    That is doing work. Your first 80 PUs were strict? And you did sets of 50 push ups? That is strong!
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    That is doing work. Your first 80 PUs were strict? And you did sets of 50 push ups? That is strong!

I dont really do crossfit. Ive only done strict pull ups before, but there was no way i could do more than a couple at a time after around 80. Im also a little guy, 5'7" 130 lbs. Big props to those doing this partitioned. Y'all some beasts.

Kipping or not. 100 pull ups is a ton of volume. Having done it twice inside 48 hrs I’m just happy my hands didn’t tear.

Couldn't imagine doing it twice in 48hrs. Did 21 ,15, 9 squat snatch, pull-ups and had to do pull ups 1 at a time. Shoulders and back are toast

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Kipping or not. 100 pull ups is a ton of volume. Having done it twice inside 48 hrs I’m just happy my hands didn’t tear.
    That's serious...my Reg workouts have been showing fatigue since
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

How does one "kip"?

Kippin ain’t EZ but it’s necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Serious question- how did you keep your hands from tearing? I wear woddies and still tear with volume.
    Carolina Counsel

Enter manhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Serious question from a non-crossfitter: Would a lat pull down/weighted pull up machine not be better once you get too tired to complete one pull-up(kipping or strict form)?

ETA: By weighted pull up, I mean the weight assisted pull up/dip machine. Or substitute resistance band pull ups.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 05-30-2018 at 08:11 PM.

If you need to modify, do it. It is not worth getting hurt over.

Enter manhood.
    Good point- extra lotion on your tender hands.
    Carolina Counsel

Enter manhood.
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. We playing TENNIS in the morning 9:30 SHARP. https://oaklandtenniscenter.com/
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Serious question- how did you keep your hands from tearing? I wear woddies and still tear with volume.
    Good question. I take really good care of mine by keeping my callouses shaved and by not over chalking. There's a fine line between too much grip/friction and not enough. Too much and the skin won't slide on the bar but your hands still turn. That's when you tear. Not enough/too slick and you can't hold on to the bar. I also switch my grip up during those high volume work outs. I'll reverse one hand for a set then the other etc. to change the contact points so one spot isn't getting hammered. And last I keep it to small sets. For something like Murph I'll go sets of 5 whether I can do more or not. I run a greater risk of tearing on something like "Helen" (400m run, 21 KBS, 12 Pull Ups for 3 rounds) by trying to hold on and go unbroken all 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Serious question from a non-crossfitter: Would a lat pull down/weighted pull up machine not be better once you get too tired to complete one pull-up(kipping or strict form)?

ETA: By weighted pull up, I mean the weight assisted pull up/dip machine. Or substitute resistance band pull ups.
    While we don't have the type of machines to which you are referring we do modify and scale pull ups for those who can't complete them all in a very similar fashion. It's one of the reason what we do works. We can scale/modify for any fitness/strength level and those people are working just as hard.