Thread: This will give you Mathews fans something to re-think about......

This was tested last week at the factory in Tucson, AR..... Yeah I'd say PSE is starting to hit the nail on the head again....

Is that the same hunk of gel for all three shots, or did they use a new block for each shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

I really dont know to be honest with you, but I dont think it would matter. that is some kind of military jelliton, (not sure how to spell it)even if not that is awsome

It's a round section of ballistic gel, not a cube. It's not going to be consistant the way they were shooting it. I don't have a dog in the fight, Just too easy to skew that pse arrow off to the side and shoot through less gel and change the way it appears. Shoot 'em through a cube w/ same point of impact with same arrow and no W/D 40 on the arrow and maybe I'll buy it. Otherwise 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

My friend was out there when they tested it I have have personally shot the bow and can tell you with a 300 radial weave (which is PSE's arrow)which they shot through both bows, that we dont even have a target it wont shoot through and I will personally show you that if you come up to luthi's on april 6 when the bow is released

and even consist or not, they are shotting the PSE with 60lbs less and it still makes it through, consist or not that is fast as all get out!!!!

Blackwater,

What's a "300 radial weave"? Also, how much is the new PSE going to sell for? What is the brace height? In the video it looks pretty short.

How smoothe is the draw? how much hand shock? How ACCURATE?

I am still shooting my Outback with no plans to chnage anytime soon. I am satisified and I get pass throughs. Its slow compared to other bows but I'm not a speed demon like most these days.

Most of all, I can shoot the H3LL out of it and I'm confident with it.

To sum it up, I am into accuracy and smoothness, you know, like stuff that is important when actually HUNTING.

im no master archer...but ive always thought and been told, that an arrow does MUCH more damage if it stays IN the deer. if the broadhead is in the deer and they are running, it will be cutting and slicing much more than if it has just gone through and made one little hole. i dont think that speed is as great as it is made out to be. think about it...lead isnt as fast as steel, but it kills better. just my $.02.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quack...the benefit of a pass through is that it will leave a much better blood trail than an arrow which stays in the deer.

You want a clean cut and pass through. You want to do as little "trauma" to the interior as possible. That is one of the reasons you want a razor sharp broadhead. The less "trauma" that is done to the interior of the animal the less blood clotting substances the deer's body will release and the more likely it is to bleed out quickly.

Speed is nice in-so-far as it enables you to perform better arrow placement. I am not a speed addict in any form but archery is an addiction and it takes many shapes...from speed to traditional, us archers come in as many varieties as hunting dogs.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

that makes perfectly good sense Candor. thanks. i never really thought about it that way nor have i ever had an educated explanation/ explainer before
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Does'nt make me want to sell my mathews at all. I'd need to see the test in full and from behind the shooter to ( as stated before) make sure their shooting it center and not off to the side
    80-20 Genaration

A 300 radial weave is about a 8.1 grain arrow that is a PSE shaft. ( which is a pretty good arrow) I have not had to much time to study the bow but I think that brace height is right at 7" or just above. The accuracy is tottaly up to the shooter, but im sure its fine. It will list around 699.99 give or take a little....anymore questions just ask or call me at 864-233-0551 we should be getting one as soon as they are released april 6. So I am nervous to see one, I might have to sell the bowtech!

Correction the brace height is 6" and of coarse 80% let off...... the only downfall is the bow is a little bit louder than you may want but archery is a huge personal preference deal (give some there, take some here) If someone would just come out with a bow that shoots 300fps and has 80% let off with a 60lb draw weight and it be quiet, I would be all over it. But the X-Force is a good bow, but you all need to watch the other new lines of PSE's B/C they are coming out with some awsome new stuff!