Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports: 4-star lineman transferring from Clemson just months after stepping on campu

Default Reports: 4-star lineman transferring from Clemson just months after stepping on campu

Josh Belk's time with Clemson football was a short one.

Multiple outlets are reporting the four-star defensive lineman, who enrolled early this spring will leave the team. He went through spring practice but had not played in a game.

Both outlets are also reporting he has interest in going to South Carolina.

He came in with a decorated class that included Hunter Johnson and Xavier Thomas.

He was the No. 102 player in the final 247Sports Composite rankings. He was a five-star for much of the recruiting process out of Lewisville High and had heavy South Carolina interest before picking the Tigers in January 2017.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...211260439.html

Welcome to the SEC son.

Strange deal. He apparently tried to quit multiple times during spring practice. Hate to lose a stud at a very important position.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

He seen the writing on the wall, University of South Carolina is a real deal.

Rumor is that he has some family issues and he needed to be closer to home (Richburg) Unfortunate situation. Now he will never know how it feels to beat your rival.

Rumor is it is a girlfriend and home sick.

Now he doesnt have a change to break an ankle running down a hill like 5th graders.

Get about 15 more to transfer and the rivalry might get interesting again.

Give Dabo credit. Looks like he won't let him sit out a year, even if it's a transfer to usuc. I'm sure Mushcrap would to the same . . .
    Carolina Counsel

News & Reporter @CNR_Sports

1h

"Talked with Lewisville Football Coach Will Mitchell. Former Lion Josh Belk was granted an unconditional release from his Clemson football scholarship by Dabo Swinney. Josh hasn't had contact with SC at this point, but his mother has health issues and he wants to be closer to home"

Hey gotta do what ya gotta do

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Give Dabo credit. Looks like he won't let him sit out a year, even if it's a transfer to usuc. I'm sure Mushcrap would to the same . . .
    I know what you are saying, but he shouldn't set that standard. Do you really want to set the expectation that it's ok to stop before the season and transfer to your in state rivalry? Let's be honest, Clemson stands to lose in that scenario.

Personally I say the kid made a commitment to the school. One that affected other kids that wanted to come play there. I understand it doesn't work out sometimes. But short of some kind of life altering event I think the kids need to realize that there is a cost for not honoring your commitment. And "I'm not good enough and want to go play somewhere else" isn't a life altering event to me either. If you want to go play on the west coast where we don't have to face you again, then I'm fine with that. But you don't get to change your mind and stay in the same league or state. Not if it was my call to make.

Now with that being said, none of us know what the real circumstances are in this case. But if it's a girl, there better be sparks shooting out of that thing.

I think that I would want him to transfer to my rival as soon as possible, while he is being a wishy washy child, than later when he grows up some and drops his nuts...

I hope it’s a family issue and not vaginitis. I’ve never met the kid, but I hope he resolved whatever it is.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I met him last week at DU shoot at Rocky Creek. He is a big boy.

I don't think he gets to play this year. Unconditional means he sits one year, coaches have the authority to put conditions on the transfer that make him sit 2. That's NCAA rule as I understand it.

And article on tigernet said mother has medical condition and he wants to be close fwiw.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 05-16-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I hope it’s a family issue and not vaginitis. I’ve never met the kid, but I hope he resolved whatever it is.
    Maybe you should go ask him.

Shit happens, next man up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

He saw the shitter was on the horizon

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    He saw the shitter was on the horizon
    Yep, no question about it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Now he doesnt have a change to break an ankle running down a hill like 5th graders.

And he also doesn’t have to worry about playing for a conference or national championship.