Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I have to say thank you to my Dad who instilled in me the joy of hunting. He was never a big game hunter; as a matter of fact, he liked fishing more than hunting. Yet, I remember toting my Daisy Red Rider BB Gun through the fields as we hunted rabbits, quail, and grouse. I was the hardest working dog He owned - excited to jump into the thicket and try to kick up a rabbit. I would go as long as my legs would allow me. Just a boy - those moments of target shooting and shooting clay pigeons were exciting. I loved it!!!

When I was 12, I received my first single-shot 20 gauge shotgun. That season, I was using a real gun; yet the safety lessons my Dad taught me were already in place. He taught me the right way to carry a gun, to cross a fence, and the right way to hunt in a group.

He also impacted my life in other ways as I watched and learned how he acted and reacted. I looked to him for a lot of things that I wasn't sure about. He was building my character, and was my example of what a man should be. I sometimes wondered if he understood how greatly he affected my life.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Now that I am a father, I believe my Dad understood fully what kind of man he was influencing me to be. We should take the time to be with our boys as much as possible. They not only need to learn about hunting and fishing, but also about becoming a man. We must live out what we want our boys to know. Take time to be a Dad. Our boys need us.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The next fishing trip you take with your son (s) remember that you are there for them. Be patient with them. There will be snags, backlash, and tangles. Prepare beforehand by greasing all the reels to make them run smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk