Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild killer dacshunds

Default Wild killer dacshunds

Woman mauled to death by seven 'very short-legged dogs' in attack near Oklahoma home

BY KAITLYN ALANIS

kalanis@wichitaeagle.com

May 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Updated 3 hours 47 minutes ago

Seven small dogs — all with legs shorter than an adult's hand — mauled an Oklahoma woman to death while she was outside of her home last week.

Tracy Garcia, 52, of Ardmore, was attacked by her neighbor's dogs on Thursday and died from her injuries, KTEN reported.

One of the seven dogs was shot after charging at a deputy who was responding to the attack, KXII reported. The other six dogs were taken to Westwood Veterinary Hospital, where they were euthanized at the owners request.

Shelter co-director Tena Layton told The Daily Ardmoreite that six of the dogs were about one year old, and the seventh one — about three years old — was possibly the pack's mother.

The younger dogs are believed to be a "standard dachshund and terrier mix," the shelter's euthanasia technician Amanda Dinwiddie told KXII, and the older one is possibly a border collie mix.

"A predominant breed in these dogs is definitely standard dachshund," Dinwiddie told the TV station. "They have really noticeable characteristics like their knobby legs, knees, very short legged dogs and their coats."

She said all of the dogs were less than 40 pounds each.

None of the dogs had legs longer than an adult’s hand, The Daily Ardmoreite reported based off of photos kept by the shelter.

It is unclear what led to the attack, The Associated Press reported, and the investigation is ongoing.

The dogs were infested with fleas and ticks, according to media reports. There were no other visible health concerns.

"We were cleaning ticks off ourselves all day," Dinwiddie told KXII. "They are very covered, you can tell they have been living out in the woods."

The dogs were not tested for rabies, and there are no plans to run those tests.

"If there was any possible issue of them biting someone else then it would've been (done)," Dinwiddle told KXII, "but the dogs are deceased as well as the victim so there's just no reason to go spend the thousands and thousands of dollars."

No arrests have been made.

"This is a bad situation, a very unfortunate situation," Bryant told KTEN. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victims. This is just a bad deal all the way around."

KTEN reported that the district attorney's office will review autopsy reports and other relevant information to determine if the dogs' owner will face charges.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...211164094.html

Disconcerting...
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

That article certainly covers the long and short of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    That article certainly covers the long and short of it.
    We have a wiener!

Frankly, Baggy made short work of this...

Baggy wins the Internet for the day.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

It’s a shame they couldn’t see eye to eye... likely all of this could have been avoided
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

That's low down right there
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Someone will chime in here shortly about how pit bulls are awesome pets. Fact.

Dachshunds? She probably needed killing.

I got one. It is hell on ankles and barking all night. You can kick a wiener dog ,a pit bull not so much.

Wonder what she did to make the dogs hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I got one. It is hell on ankles and barking all night. You can kick a wiener dog ,a pit bull not so much.
    We have 2. One is 9 years old and the other still a pup. I dare somebody to grab my arm or stick their arm in the truck window when he around. You’ll pull back a nub. Ours are very protective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    We have 2. One is 9 years old and the other still a pup. I dare somebody to grab my arm or stick their arm in the truck window when he around. You’ll pull back a nub. Ours are very protective

It very well may be. But, if that SOB comes at me on flat ground, I feel sure I can punt that bastard far enough to get two more punted before he returns.
    Last edited by redhead25; 05-15-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    It very well may be. But, if that SOB comes at me on flat ground, I feel sure I can punt that bastard far enough to get two more punted before he returns.
    Comment of the day...

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

They can be mean little bastards. Glad we got the lowdown on it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We have one that is my wife's....he is 9 years old and can be the nicest or the meanest most aggressive territorial damn dog I've ever had.

Those that think you can punt them...good luck, they will latch on to your foot or ankle (with the force of an alligator and the teeth of a piranha) before you even get lined up for the snap. Trust me on this one. I have been there many times.

And he will flat out mangle the shit out of the black corrugated gutter drain pipe if a lizard runs up it.

Little bastard...

Wiener dogs are my dog of choice. I’ve had 5 of em in my life and I’ll always have one. I’ve had a couple that were very protective if you tried to touch me...the one I have now is the sweetest dog you’ll ever meet and always has been, he’s 8-1/2 years old. He’s a deer tracking sumabitch!