Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poult mortality....

Default Poult mortality....

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I don’t give much of a shit about a turkey or a deer for that matter. I do know that fire and rain are natural parts of our ecosystem. The fact that we light them in the growing season is playing hand of God a little but I think the rewards outweigh the costs but I am not an expert. I am opinionated though and 99% of you turkey poets annoy the shit out of me.
    We always have to "manage" natural resources, like it was unable to "manage" itself before we started messing with it.... never made sense to me either. I understand the argument for why we burn to a degree, but not really at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 05-15-2018 at 08:32 PM.

I don’t give much of a shit about a turkey or a deer for that matter. I do know that fire and rain are natural parts of our ecosystem. The fact that we light them in the growing season is playing hand of God a little but I think the rewards outweigh the costs but I am not an expert. I am opinionated though and 99% of you turkey poets annoy the shit out of me.
    You sure do seem to comment here a lot to not give a shit and for “turkeys poets” to annoy the shit out of you.

If you don’t care, why comment?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    You sure do seem to comment here a lot to not give a shit and for “turkeys poets” to annoy the shit out of you.

If you don’t care, why comment?
    If you don’t mind count how many posts I have made in the turkey forum in the past 5 years, it is pretty few, like less than 25 probably so 5/yr I don’t consider to be “a lot”. Last I checked this is SCDucks, I give a shit about ducks. A really big shit about ducks and doves too. I enjoy land management and happen to manage some so I read about it. Sorry I got your panties in a twist, go back to Georgia.
    cut\'em

Good gracious.

Hit the pipe and settle down
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Lots of words with no real substance........an opinionated man with no real opinion. Who are the Democrats again.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    We always have to "manage" natural resources, like it was unable to "manage" itself before we started messing with it.... never made sense to me either. I understand the argument for why we burn to a degree, but not really at the end of the day.

Definitely one of these most unintelligent and uninformed comments I have ever read on ducks...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Island guy, as a start why don't you Google managed vs. Unmanaged Forrest there is a wealth of knowledge out there for people like you that can't grasp the concept...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Island guy, as a start why don't you Google managed vs. Unmanaged Forrest there is a wealth of knowledge out there for people like you that can't grasp the concept...
    I have read that black panthers do better in unmanaged forest. FWIW

In that case I'm bout to go unmanage as much as possible in hopes of a big cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

There are Puma Catz in Johnston now. Don't argue with me, they've got rock solid photographic evidence.......

Just a general observation but I've yet to have seen a wood duck clutch this year at our place and we normally see multiples. Plenty of adults around, up to a dozen on the pond at times but nary a chick. I'm still wondering if there isn't some other environmental influence causing declines in turkey recruitment, at least in some areas. I know the low country sure seemed to have way more birds this year judging by posts here and folks I know who hunt the lower part of the state. Burning ain't a widespread issue up here. May just be an upstate thing and weather/predator related but they were definitely thin up here this year. This coming from a guy who has always argued SC supported a 5 tag limit for 30+ years and why not now.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    dont confuse people.

mother nature is cruel, too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Men used to kill hawks, crows, snakes, opossums, and raccoons, etc. and never say a word about it. Right or wrong it was just a way of life. Those men and their way of life have died out.....

Helicopters, 4wheeelers, diesel fuel are not natural parts of the ecosystem... Not sure why 2th is having trouble grasping that. Cali just likes to stiff the pot and has zero evidence to support his FACT

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Helicopters, 4wheeelers, diesel fuel are not natural parts of the ecosystem... Not sure why 2th is having trouble grasping that. Cali just likes to stiff the pot and has zero evidence to support his FACT
    Nope and neither are roads and houses. Nor pine trees planted in rows. Nor chufa.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Do I enjoy watching some of you self-proclaimed Wildlife experts squirm when you get your panties stuck in your vagina?... Absolutely I do! However, my livelihood depends on my forestry, wildlife (game and nongame species alike), and general natural resource management knowledge unlike most of you who base your opinions on emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Do I enjoy watching some of you self-proclaimed Wildlife experts squirm when you get your panties stuck in your vagina?... Absolutely I do! However, my livelihood depends on my forestry, wildlife (game and nongame species alike), and general natural resource management knowledge unlike most of you who base your opinions on emotion.
    It's nice to know you and your inheritance love watching us lowly peasants from your controlled environment and throne. I don't blame you one bit, unless you are enrolled in gov't programs and gov't funding for all the good you are doing for wildlife......if that's the case no wonder your livelihood depends on it.......

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

What about white panthers??? Never mind. They don't matter
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I chased a lot of white cats years ago. Tagged a few along the way. Mostly catch and release
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Just Sayin’......bring back the hawk loads!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/