Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Phone

buy a cheap phone online and get a decent case.

IMO, phones are expendable. I dont need a fancy one to read a text or take a pic. I'm gonna drop/dunk/runover/piss on/throwitintheairwhenSWdoesawheelie so its silly to own a new, fancy nice one.

I must add: I do NOT use my phone for business. So, its a toy to me and one I dont need to take care of....so why own a nice one?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You don't need to edit that..

Keeping up with the newest cell phone technology is pure silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    buy a cheap phone online and get a decent case.

IMO, phones are expendable. I dont need a fancy one to read a text or take a pic. I'm gonna drop/dunk/runover/piss on/throwitintheairwhenSWdoesawheelie so its silly to own a new, fancy nice one.

I must add: I do NOT use my phone for business. So, its a toy to me and one I dont need to take care of....so why own a nice one?
    Yeah I need to be able to answer emails, check weather updates, maps and things like that.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

"JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I'd get one like the Maxwell Smart had.Seemed to be pretty rugged.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Do the lifeproof cases not distort your calls when you're talking to someone? I have one on my iphone, and no one can hear me. I have just about stopped talking on it except when I'm in the truck connected to Bluetooth.
    That's what I had on my last phone and didn't even make it out of the parking lot before I took it back

I have a motorola something or other now. It doesn't have a glass screen so if you drop it the screen wont shatter. I had the old version of this one and it lasted 2.5 years. Do the tempered glass screen protector whatever you get.

If you're not a teenage boy or in a battlefield situation those cases are silly. Be a grown up and don't break your s***.

I'm not being an ass here, but.......buy a decent phone, put it in a decent case and show a little bit of adult-like responsibility with it and magically it will last you for some time. Fairly simple if you ask me

ha thanks for the advice fellas have enjoyed not having a phone the past few days.......... got a CAT S60 coming and figured that one should hold up...........

https://www.catphones.com/en_us/cat-s60-smartphone.html
    Last edited by darealdeal; 05-09-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

There is about to be one in my parking lot you can have if this darn thing doesn't quit ringing.

I got a Samsung that is water proof. It takes and makes calls. I send and receive emails. Have a few hunting and weather apps that work good. Honestly I have been thinking of getting a flip phone. This darn thing runs my life. Customers and my business have my attention all the time. Its a like/hate relationship....
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Do the lifeproof cases not distort your calls when you're talking to someone? I have one on my iphone, and no one can hear me. I have just about stopped talking on it except when I'm in the truck connected to Bluetooth.
    settings--> accessibility--> phone noise cancellation to on. try that
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?