Thread: Sprayer size?

Default Sprayer size?

I have a Kubota mx 5800 with front end loader. Tractor weighs 3,800 lbs, not sure what the loader weighs. The lift capacity is right around 2,800 lbs. What size 3 pt sprayer should I be looking for? 110 gallon, 200 gallon? Obviously Id like the biggest I can get but I don't want to die either. Will be used at the club and around the house, not on flat land all the time.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I use a 55 gallon sprayer. Depending on the size area u want to spray that may work for you. I can spray my 4.5 acre dove field with that....u might top out around 5 acres with it but all depends on how much u apply. If your doing small deer plots and stuff that would probably be ok for you. Obviously a 110 gal sprayer is nicer if u have a lot to spray.

Boom or boom less?

4.5 acres with 55 gallons. Everything I have read and learned you should shoot for 25gal of water per acre. But maybe I’m wrong.

On a second note spend the money and get a sprayer that does boom and boom less. Ours does and I’m glad I have the capability to do both.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-05-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Boomless great for spraying for total kill, bad for even coverage on standing crops (flowers, corn). Go with a boom and no more than 100 gal. Shoot for 20 gal/acre. The Teejet tip chart will tell you where to be on speed and gal/ac.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I have a 300 gallon tag along with 22 ft booms but it is cumbersome and sketchy at best on hills. Especially when full

I have a PTO driven 55 gallon with a boom and an ATV 15 gallon boomless. Boomless is great for spraying roads/ditches and hard to get to small food plots. The negative is that it’s 15 gallon. The 55 gallon is for my dove field and larger food plots. It is calibrated at 27/gallons per acre at 35psi and 1600rpms. It gets the job done and you don’t have to worry about missing spots or uneven application in areas like the with the boomless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know what you decide on and I can get you a quote. W.A.S.S 843-382-9277 or if after hours call 270-839-5279 tell them Brian said to hook you up.i personally like having the option of boom and boomless on same sprayer.

Check out Wass on Facebook

I have a 200 gallon boomless/boom combo that has been a good sprayer. I run it on Kubota 5400, with a loader. The tractor carries it fine, except when driving on the road at full speed. The front tires get light when it’s loaded with water and high speeds.