Thread: Some night time pigs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    It is used a fertilizer for the fields

I don't think their product speaks for itself. Same farmer owned 4 systems and sold them. We kill way more now with way less effort. Jager systems shine in the woods and in areas with small fields. While we haven't curbed their numbers we have proven that you can beat them down bad enough to shift their patterns and keep them off crops long enough to get them to take hold. Last year the guy replanted 3k acres. This year it should be under 1k. That's a pretty big win when it's corn and peanuts
    I don't have a dog in the fight and don't want to cause a stir. But, they were very adamant that their product be set up, built, and used to their exact specifications to ensure it works properly. What county are you in if you don't mind me asking? I have a farmer friend that has a unit and has had success catching 30+ a clip. Their best night was 49, but you have to literally monitor your phone 24/7 with the M.I.N.E. system. Not trying to argue by any means, I just haven't heard that take on their product yet and want to discuss.

I'll add that the friend I'm speaking of is operating in fields of 200-300 acres, I imagine you are speaking of fields larger than that being in SW GA.
    Last edited by Hosscat; 05-04-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    I don't have a dog in the fight and don't want to cause a stir. But, they were very adamant that their product be set up, built, and used to their exact specifications to ensure it works properly. What county are you in if you don't mind me asking? I have a farmer friend that has a unit and has had success catching 30+ a clip. Their best night was 49, but you have to literally monitor your phone 24/7 with the M.I.N.E. system. Not trying to argue by any means, I just haven't heard that take on their product yet and want to discuss.

I'll add that the friend I'm speaking of is operating in fields of 200-300 acres, I imagine you are speaking of fields larger than that being in SW GA.
    Na you're not causing a stir at all. Small properties they work well. They were setup correctly because the jager guys don't live an hour and 15 minutes away and helped setup the first one. Problem was the amount of time to setup and move one was high and these pigs move around a tremendous amount. On a small property they work extremely well. For 14k acres you would need a truck load of traps and he amount of time to maintain, check, and move them isn't practical.
    Most of the fields are 500+ with several over 2k acres. You can't get all the video on one clip but you can catch 15 pigs way out in a field and clean up all 15 in a hurry. plus with a trap you have to move all the dead pigs and that's way more energy than we care to expend on a dead hog
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Na you're not causing a stir at all. Small properties they work well. They were setup correctly because the jager guys don't live an hour and 15 minutes away and helped setup the first one. Problem was the amount of time to setup and move one was high and these pigs move around a tremendous amount. On a small property they work extremely well. For 14k acres you would need a truck load of traps and he amount of time to maintain, check, and move them isn't practical.
    Most of the fields are 500+ with several over 2k acres. You can't get all the video on one clip but you can catch 15 pigs way out in a field and clean up all 15 in a hurry. plus with a trap you have to move all the dead pigs and that's way more energy than we care to expend on a dead hog
    I agree that the traps work better in some situations that others. The main field they are in for us right now is 600+ acres. Our problems isn't the amount of land, but the fact that the pigs are staying in a good size block of swamp/woods between a few fields. We shoot them on this side and they move to the other side for a while. Hell they rooted up one guys entire front yard on the other side one night. Then the other side hunts them and they come back. We are picking off a few everytime. But the potential to capture 30-40 at a time is huge for us. I can see where if you have them moving between 14k acres of fields that being mobile is a bigger advantage. Thankfully we don't have enough hogs to shoot 250 in a year and just keep them honest. And yes we've hit them with dogs from both sides at the same time. Same thing. We kill a few everytime and they disappear for a while.

But I will say this for the Jager guy. He got his start shooting hogs at night with thermals. He was one of the pioneers (at least in GA). And he has probably killed as many hogs as anyone in the south. I still remember his post 10-12+ years ago on GON where he had stacks of 30 and 40 dead hogs. And the other hog hunters getting mad with him for killing so many and killing the "little ones".

But as they have grown they have delved into other tactics. All in the name of killing hogs.