Page 32 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Braves

Acuna needs a dose of humble pie, and quick. The kid is talented, but has way to much 'me' in his game. Base running errors, not running out of the box, giving up extra bases trying to be the hero in the grass, and what is up with him popping a squat in the pen when Jackson was getting loose?

Lets get him some poles, and see if it can be run out of him?

He just got an 8 year, $100 million contract. As bad as he does need humbling, he is set for the distant future and could probably care less what Snitker, Anthopoulos, or anybody else thinks.

Why did they take keuchel out after 74 pitches? Julio just got the call up.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Why did they take keuchel out after 74 pitches? Julio just got the call up.
    Cause he gave up 5 hits a run and 3 walks in less than 5 innings

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Cause he gave up 5 hits a run and 3 walks in less than 5 innings
    Julio got called up because Martin is injured. Word is he starts game 4 ( if we make it to game 4). Be fine with me if Koooooshellllllllllll never pitches in a Braves uniform again.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Julio got called up because Martin is injured. Word is he starts game 4 ( if we make it to game 4). Be fine with me if Koooooshellllllllllll never pitches in a Braves uniform again.
    Agreed

Today may be the toughest game . Flaherty has a .091 ERA for September. He is going to be tough to hit indeed.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

As a temporary Cards fan, I watched some of this game. Taking Kuechel out was dumb AF IMO. I get that he isn’t great, but damn man. You’re gonna go to a bullpen that’s been a weak spot all year and trust they can go 4+ innings? Same ole playoff Braves.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

IMHO,

Max Fried should have got the start. Use Kooooshell as a one or two inning bullpen pitcher. But, none of that matters now. Today is a must/must win game.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    As a temporary Cards fan, I watched some of this game. Taking Kuechel out was dumb AF IMO. I get that he isn’t great, but damn man. You’re gonna go to a bullpen that’s been a weak spot all year and trust they can go 4+ innings? Same ole playoff Braves.......

Last edited by nitro5x6's; 10-04-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Maybe we can sneak a win today. If not, well, it was a fun regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Maybe we can sneak a win today. If not, well, it was a fun regular season.
    Should be a hell of a game. It's going to be 98 here today, Balls should be flying out- if anyone makes good contact. Flaherty is going to make the Braves offense work. He is most impressive.

I truly want to see the Braves advance. However, I agree that if the Braves lose today it's over. Been a great season.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

STL bullpen is a problem for any team they meet in the postseason. I wanted to see the Braves put up 100 wins in the regular season because that would indicate they were playing good ball down the stretch. As it were, it looks like this team is slumping heading into the postseason. And I don't care how good you were in the regular season, if you're slumping or catch a hot team in a divisional round, you get bounced pretty quickly. The only thing the Braves have going for them is an offense that's good enough to put up a bunch of runs at any time.

Much better game tonight. Congrats to Folty on a great job today. Headed to St Louis with a chance. Hope they can maximize on this . Just please , no more Koooooooshelll
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Great win for the Bravo's!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

"My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I’m just glad we’re smart enough to sit flowers. He leads the league in passed balls by the way! Having McCann back there behind the plate is huge. Got a chance with soroka starting Sunday

I’m just glad we’re smart enough to sit flowers. He leads the league in passed balls by the way! Having McCann back there behind the plate is huge. Got a chance with soroka starting Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Acuna needs a dose of humble pie, and quick. The kid is talented, but has way to much 'me' in his game. Base running errors, not running out of the box, giving up extra bases trying to be the hero in the grass, and what is up with him popping a squat in the pen when Jackson was getting loose?

Lets get him some poles, and see if it can be run out of him?
    Pretty sure Jackson came in when whoever it was injured himself warming up. That meant the reliever coming, in this case Jackson, was allowed as many pitches as he needed to get ready. Acuna is a POS, but there’s nothing wrong with him taking a load off in that weather knowing the pitcher had an unlimited warmup. Hell, I woulda run my backup catcher out there for him to throw to.

If they give Acuna something to hit here, I would be shocked.

At least it’s been Adam Duval in both wins. Good dude.

I get that these guys get paid a lot to play, but I’ll be damned if I would put with Markakis’ lollygagging and Acuna’s bullshit for more than 27 seconds.....