Page 26 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Braves

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Here is your weekly "Flowers aint worth a shit" post. That ball that he let get by him and score a run was just pure laziness.
    Gutpile loves TFlo. And the Amish pitcher..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Keep Cervelli, get rid of flowers once McCann is back.

Or that.

Agreed Hagen

I'm so tired of seeing him back there
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I've always liked the way Cervelli receives the ball. He's not a strong hitter, but he's done well so far since they picked him up. I definitely think he's a step up from Flowers. It's hard for me to watch a game when he's catching between the one knee deal (with runners on base), his framing, and his jersey that looks like it's 2 sizes too small along with a choker necklace ... and he's definitely not a threat at the plate when he's hitting.

BTT - the Nats are in Atlanta starting tomorrow for a crucial 4 game series.... Go Braves. It's September and both teams are red hot.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Just win 2-4 keep it at 7.5 after Sunday!

its still 6.5 right now. Mets blew a 10-4 lead against the gnats last night.

6.5 going into tonight. Gnats can pick up or lose 1/2 game tonight

The Gnats are not going to roll over.

7 runs last night in the 9th. Impressive. That friggin Suzuki smashed a 3 run HR to win it.. he's a ballplayer.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    The Gnats are not going to roll over.

7 runs last night in the 9th. Impressive. That friggin Suzuki smashed a 3 run HR to win it.. he's a ballplayer.
    How did the Braves end up with Flowers over Suzuki?

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    How did the Braves end up with Flowers over Suzuki?
    Money.

Suzuki played for the Braves in 2017 & 2018. 19 HRs ( career high) Flowers was in the platoon during that time. Suzuki got a one year extension. $3.5 MM. The GNats signed him for a 2 year $10MM contract ..wish the Braves could have kept him. He is a great Catcher and a hell of a nice person. Suzuki Family Foundation funds kidney disease research and he has donated a bunch of money to support one of his college teammates who was injured in a car accident.

Sadly , Flowers is in the $10MM club as well. The Braves pay him a lot more than his performance on the field should bring ( IMHO).
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    its still 6.5 right now. Mets blew a 10-4 lead against the gnats last night.

6.5 going into tonight. Gnats can pick up or lose 1/2 game tonight
    well I be damn!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I've always liked the way Cervelli receives the ball. He's not a strong hitter, but he's done well so far since they picked him up. I definitely think he's a step up from Flowers. It's hard for me to watch a game when he's catching between the one knee deal (with runners on base), his framing, and his jersey that looks like it's 2 sizes too small along with a choker necklace ... and he's definitely not a threat at the plate when he's hitting.
    Does Flowers actually frame a pitch? Ever? It drives me crazy to watch him catch a game back there.

See the popknot over TFlo's eye last night??? He walked into a door. Totally not surprised.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Does Flowers actually frame a pitch? Ever? It drives me crazy to watch him catch a game back there.
    His 'framing' is the new thing that a lot of people are going too (I hate it). It's 'stealing a pitch'. Basically for an outside pitch they catch it while their glove is moving towards the ball/towards the strike zone. On a pitch down in the zone they start low (watch how he basically starts every sequence by dropping is glove down to the ground then working up) and catch the ball coming up into the zone. It's a lot of extra movement and it's pretty difficult ... but it leads to passed balls. They do this as opposed to what catchers like Cervelli and McCann do, they receive the ball and stick the pitch.

It's basically a ton of added movement that they think gets them strike calls. I personally think it's a ton of added movement that brings no benefit to catching the baseball what so ever.

Yep I know what you are talking about and I would rather see a subtle movement and hold than all of that moving around crap. I would also think it would annoy your pitcher. I know he's hit the ball decent the last week or so but he's still around .235 so it's not like they would miss his bat vs Cervelli. It will be interesting to see how it pans out when Mcann gets back.

Mac is back

Screw the nats. I wasn’t worried about them till I stayed up last night and saw that bull shit
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Screw the nats. I wasn’t worried about them till I stayed up last night and saw that bull shit
    Mets beat the Nats last night. Braves now have a 7 game lead. Need to win every possible game against WA this homestand. Max Fried (15-4) on the mound tonight. Ought to be a great game.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Default Atlanta Braves

Hell of a ballgame! Fried pitched 7 innings with only one hit no walks and 9 strike outs.
    Last edited by Woodiewacker82; 09-05-2019 at 09:39 PM.