Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Braves

Is it a requirement, in order to pitch for the braves, that you promise to make the 9th inning interesting if you get the chance to pitch it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Pitchers throws the ball, catcher calls the game
    True. However, it's not the Catcher's fault if the Pitcher just slings shit. Koooshel is a shit slinger. Last night is an example of how a motivated pitcher should play. If he does it for the remaining starts he has for the year, I will be impressed. Right now, I'm dubious.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Tyler Flowers is hard to watch catch, and I say that as a former catcher.

Flowers can’t stop moving behind the plate and like said before he gives the pitcher no place to aim at. I hate watching him catch.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Flowers can’t stop moving behind the plate and like said before he gives the pitcher no place to aim at. I hate watching him catch.
    I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    That, and he tries to pick a lot of balls. For example, I didn't watch the whole game yesterday, just a couple of innings. In the first inning (if i remember right) he tried to pick two balls that would be pretty routine blocks, both balls made it to the backstop. Granted, no runs scored, but a pitcher is not as confident to throw a hard breaking ball during the course of the game if they don't have confidence in their catcher stopping it no matter what. I'm not a big fan of the new way catchers are receiving the ball either. I like watching BM catch, he receives it and gives the umpire a good look at the pitch. Flowers wants to catch the low pitch while his glove is coming up, or the outside pitch while his glove is coming in, etc to give it the appearance it's in the zone. That's a tough thing to do, but I guess the amount of passed balls he has shows that.

I was always taught to be quiet behind the plate (in regards to body movement). Flowers looks like a 5 year old with ADHD back there.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    I feel the same.
    I'm oiling up my A2403 as we speak. I'll sit back there for half of what TF is getting paid.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

A catcher that plays 50% of the games shouldn't be leading the league in past balls

Yet here we are
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    That, and he tries to pick a lot of balls. For example, I didn't watch the whole game yesterday, just a couple of innings. In the first inning (if i remember right) he tried to pick two balls that would be pretty routine blocks, both balls made it to the backstop. Granted, no runs scored, but a pitcher is not as confident to throw a hard breaking ball during the course of the game if they don't have confidence in their catcher stopping it no matter what. I'm not a big fan of the new way catchers are receiving the ball either.

THIS. Plus, he stabs at the ball when he catches it. his movement is fast and erratic. i was kinda hoping he got hit in the head bad enough to come out of the game...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    A catcher that plays 50% of the games shouldn't be leading the league in past balls

Yet here we are
    and i think they called the first one a wild pitch!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and i think they called the first one a wild pitch!
    Pretty much any ball that hits the dirt is going to be a wild pitch in regards to stats. With that said, both of those balls in the 1st inning are ones that any half way decent catcher all the way down to high school is expected to stop.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 08-15-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Yep. McCann blocks both of those 99 out of 100 times
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Awful early to be gettin into true September form......

Tehran pitched to the entire lineup last night- in one inning. Pitching is falling apart. Dodgers for three at home. The slim 5.5 game lead could evaporate.... Bats are still lively, but damn, our pitching staff is weak.. Our three best pitchers are starting against the Dodgers. Going to be some good baseball played at the Bobby Cox / Hank Aaron this weekend.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Dodgers for three at home. The slim 5.5 game lead could evaporate.... Bats are still lively, but damn, our pitching staff is weak..
    Yep.... Who is scheduled to pitch for LA this weekend?
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Yep.... Who is scheduled to pitch for LA this weekend?
    Tonight - Maeda / Soroka

Sat - Ryu / Folty

Sun - TBD / Fried
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Camargo down to AAA so is duvall.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Newcomb comin in and throwing BP. Christ

Morning reality check. Dodgers are a much better team. Braves bullpen can erase a great performance by a starting pitcher with a few tosses.

Back at it tonight.

Lead down to 4.5 games........Nats have a 5 game win streak.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

#countdowntoletdown
    #septemberswoonamonthearly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.