Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2648

Thread: Atlanta Braves

If you like offense , yesterday was a game for you. Man there were some long balls hit out the stadium. Including a 424 footer from MH2 (longest of the game)..

Tonight? Fried on the mound against the team Tater pulls for. 6:40 first pitch. Yall enjoy. Rumor is , #13 will play. I hope he hits a couple.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Rumor is , #13 will play. I hope he hits a couple.

Dave Concepcion is coming out of retirement?

Shit yeah! That’s what I’m talking about

Fried is a bona fide ace...and he doesn't bitch out on the IL like most pitchers these days

2.5 back of the Mets. 2 more with the Red Birds, then three with the Nats before the Mets come to ATL on the 11th for a 3 game series... Yall stay tuned. There is some good baseball being played.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

pregame talking about how important its been to have Acuna back....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You’re welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    pregame talking about how important its been to have Acuna back....
    Acuna has been giving me plenty to be disappointed in. Bahahahaha!! " His timing is off , just a little" Christ almighty, whatever.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

go braves.
    acuna lollygagged again.
    fried is good. not sure how good, but he's good.

go braves.
    acuna lollygagged again.
    fried is good. not sure how good, but he's good.
    So, Acuna went 0-5 at the plate last night . Definitely affected the outcome of this game. Let's hear the fanboy excuses ..... I'm listening.

Spencer Strider was dominant from the mound . 9 straight Ks. 12 Ks for the game to set his new personal best ..... He is a very impressive Pitcher . Harris II with another home run.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    So, Acuna went 0-5 at the plate last night . Definitely affected the outcome of this game. Let's hear the fanboy excuses ..... I'm listening.

Spencer Strider was dominant from the mound . 9 straight Ks. 12 Ks for the game to set his new personal best ..... He is a very impressive Pitcher . Harris II with another home run.

I used to think you were just baseball illiterate, now I’m thinking you’re just illiterate overall. I bet you’re really confused when you watch a baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I used to think you were just baseball illiterate, now I’m thinking you’re just illiterate overall. I bet you’re really confused when you watch a baseball game.
    There it is. Another Acuntie heard from.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I'm going to dumb this down for you, you still won't get it, but it's my last post about Acuna directed towards you because I'm pretty sure I'm losing brain cells at this point.

No one on this thread, that I remember, is a fan of Acuna's showboating and the way he plays the game, myself included. The only reason I can even stand him a little bit is because he's on the Braves, I'm not a fan of how he conducts himself when he plays. With that said, if someone can't see that he's a good player with 5 tools, they have no business being near a softball field, let alone a baseball field. The only people with higher batting averages on the team are Harris, Swanson, and Riley. He has the highest on base percentage, and leads the team in stolen bases ... You think he belongs in AAA.

There are only two possible scenarios ... You're blinded by your dislike of Acuna, or when you watch a baseball game you don't understand what is going on in the slightest even though for some reason you think you do.

The ironic part, if anyone on this site is the equivalent of Acuna on SCDUCKS, it would be you. You're probably a pretty good hunter, have had life experiences, been successful over all, and you don't miss a second to showboat and let everyone know if even a small opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I'm going to dumb this down for you, you still won't get it, but it's my last post about Acuna directed towards you because I'm pretty sure I'm losing brain cells at this point.

No one on this thread, that I remember, is a fan of Acuna's showboating and the way he plays the game, myself included. The only reason I can even stand him a little bit is because he's on the Braves, I'm not a fan of how he conducts himself when he plays. With that said, if someone can't see that he's a good player with 5 tools, they have no business being near a softball field, let alone a baseball field. The only people with higher batting averages on the team are Harris, Swanson, and Riley. He has the highest on base percentage, and leads the team in stolen bases ... You think he belongs in AAA.

There are only two possible scenarios ... You're blinded by your dislike of Acuna, or when you watch a baseball game you don't understand what is going on in the slightest even though for some reason you think you do.

The ironic part, if anyone on this site is the equivalent of Acuna on SCDUCKS, it would be you. You're probably a pretty good hunter, have had life experiences, been successful over all, and you don't miss a second to showboat and let everyone know if even a small opportunity arises.
    You make good points although I think you're taking someone else's fandom of a GAME a little too personally. I personally loved acuna when he started, and you could tell he was in it for the love of the game, now, he's just sickening, and as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't earned that right (this year). If the braves truly don't want their "superstar" outfielder hustling to the ball when it's hit toward him, and don't want him running out a low percentage base hit because hes not 100%, why is he out there? Then he gets up to bat and acts like he won the world series all by himself, which he didn't even play in. Then,he bounces a foul ball off his foot even though he's wearing more padding for an at bat than a football player, and he's out for 2 weeks (which he did again last night, so he'll probably be on the IL again). For my money, the common denominator is that he's let his ability and success go to his head, and prone to injury, which makes him a weak link, then add in the jackassery, the PROVEN fact that the braves can do every bit as well without him as with him, his REPLACEMENTS won mvp for the nl championship and the world series, and he just isn't my guy. I don't think he needs to be in AAA, I think he needs to be traded. There are a lot more Michael Harrises out there that aren't getting their shot because the braves are wasting their time on acunas.
    Last edited by Pcole; 07-09-2022 at 06:49 AM.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

truth^

acuna is too popular to send to AAA. not to mention they are treating him like a prima donna.
    he's talented but could use some humility.

truth^

acuna is too popular to send to AAA.
    I dont think its popularity. Acuna is a great player aside from the showboating and too good to be in AAA IF he stays healthy. Yeah he can be super streaky and go 0-5, but then he can launch 2 dingers the next game. The non-hustle in the outfield drives me up a wall but that doesn't mean he can't make the play or doesn't know how to. I would be ok for him to be traded and now would be the time to capitalize and get the most for him possible especially with his low salary currently.

Robinson Cano heading to ATL. I don't see him doing well, but maybe he finds a spark of what he used to be.

Keep Acunia and trade Will Smith. I hate seeing him come in the game with less than a three run lead. When is the last time he had a clean inning?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Did anyone else happen to notice the 9th inning of the game Saturday when Soto hit what should have been a "can of corn" straight to acuna and he ran toward the ball, stopped short 10 feet out, caught what should have been the game ending catch on a one hop,then just opened his glove and dropped the ball letting the bases get loaded? Even Caray and Francoeur wtf'd that one.

Me and my 11 year old son call Will Smith "2 walk will." He always walks the fist 2 batters he faces.

And 2th doc agreed with me. I can retire now. I'm not going to, but I could.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."