Page 12 of 133 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Braves

Even thought Suzuki hit in 2, I wouldn’t have taken Folty out. He had a one hitter through 4 and only 57 pitches. We were hitting Hill good enough to have Acuna lead off next inning.

Even after Suzuki DH’ing I would have done a double switch. Suzuki is the better hitter out of the two and neither can throw out a base stealer.

Just my thoughts.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Yep you’re right

Next September then..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Braves sign Brian McCann and Josh Donaldson to 1 year deals

Never heard of them. Braves suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Braves sign Brian McCann and Josh Donaldson to 1 year deals
    I think it’s two really good moves. McCann gives you a left handed bat option at catcher and veteran leadership. JD was the second best player in the league behind Trout before he got hurt. If he stays healthy he could add a huge bat to protect Freddie. I think you move Camargo to short and have a good bench bat in Swanson. Now they need to get some bullpen arms and an OF because it doesn’t look like they’ll resign Markakas because he’s asking to much. Either way I think this team can make a deep run in the playoffs

1/4 of the way there. 22-21 record, 2.5 games back in the East.

Top prospect Austin Riley hit a bomb in his debut last night. Donaldson looks good, Freddie and Markakis are doing what they do, and Acuna is still a stud. Mike Soroka carries a 0.98 ERA after 6 starts. Max Fried is 5-2, Teheran and Gausman are doing okay, and Folty has sucked dick so far. The bullpen started out horrible, and now they are decent at best.

Fun team to watch and with the young talent they never give up.

That bullpen is atrocious. If they had a pulse or maybe could just throw it over the plate the braves would be leading the east.

inciarte going on the dl hurts the outfield defense but he's been so atrocious at the plate that i think it's gonna be a net positive with him no longer in the lineup. riley is the real deal power wise, if he can just keep the strikeouts under control he has a chance to be uggle 2.0, back when uggla was actually good. bullpen sucks...wish they'd pony up a little cash and get kimbrel for a 2 or 3 year deal and lock down the 9th inning. braves have so many young arms in the system that i'd like to see touki and wilson get a chance to see what they can do out of the bullpen. braves just need to dl folty, he hasn't looked right since he's been back. he's got to be hiding an injury.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

So let me see if I got this straight.....

Riley is knocking the cover off the ball in AAA. Riley begins getting mysterious starts in LF. Inciarte makes a phantom trip to the DL.

Does that about cover it?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    inciarte going on the dl hurts the outfield defense but he's been so atrocious at the plate that i think it's gonna be a net positive with him no longer in the lineup. riley is the real deal power wise, if he can just keep the strikeouts under control he has a chance to be uggle 2.0, back when uggla was actually good. bullpen sucks...wish they'd pony up a little cash and get kimbrel for a 2 or 3 year deal and lock down the 9th inning. braves have so many young arms in the system that i'd like to see touki and wilson get a chance to see what they can do out of the bullpen. braves just need to dl folty, he hasn't looked right since he's been back. he's got to be hiding an injury.
    Braves aren’t going to sign Kimbrel, at least not before the draft. They will have to sacrifice too much international money if they do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Riley is knocking the cover off the ball in AAA. Riley begins getting mysterious starts in LF. Inciarte makes a phantom trip to the DL.

Your favorite team has Puig, so your opinion doesn’t count

I think Ender may be on the block now. The Braves are one starter and 2 bullpen arms away from making a strong run.

Ender hurt his back jumping out of his seat to celebrate when Riley hit his 37th home run in a week.

Your favorite team has Puig, so your opinion doesn’t count
    Puig won me over when Dietrich hit the ball in the river at PNC then stood in the box and admired it and got thrown at (as well he should have and as he knew would happen). Puig was the first one outta the dugout

Quote Originally Posted by CoachHunter View Post
    Ender hurt his back jumping out of his seat to celebrate when Riley hit his 37th home run in a week.

Oh and its not the DL anymore. That was not politically correct. Now its the IL.

Puig was the first one outta the dugout
    Not going to lie, Puig against all the pirates was a badass move. He was literally keeping 5 of them from moving.

The Red Stockings still blow. Ohio sucks

I like the basic small ball, base hit baseball and aggresive base running.
    - lots of life in the dugout with this young team.

I am sure its been said in this old ass thread before, but the future is looking good for alot of these guys.

eta: capital EFF yassiel puee
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 05-16-2019 at 06:22 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Y’all can cheer and bunt like a 12U softball team and it ain’t gonna make a bit of difference with that shit show of a bullpen ya got.

Not going to lie, Puig against all the pirates was a badass move. He was literally keeping 5 of them from moving.

The Red Stockings still blow. Ohio sucks
    That last sentence is key
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn