Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2648

Thread: Atlanta Braves

From what I understand players are now “locked out” due to labor negotiations so nobody can be signed at this point

Cubs signed Marcus Stroman. So might wanna run that by the fact checkers.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Cubs signed Marcus Stroman. So might wanna run that by the fact checkers.

Was asking, not sure how a lockout works. Never been Union Labor LOL

Teams can still sign guys, but no games will be played until the new collective bargaining agreement is agreed upon by both parties. Those CBAs are only good for so many years then they reevaluate. If one side has a strong stance on a major issue and are willing to not work then they'll strike.

All indications are that there will be a middle ground reached in the offseason long before things start up in the spring.

In the meantime players are free to sign with whatever team they think is best for them.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-03-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Stroman was signed right before the lockout started. You can’t negotiate the terms of a contract during a lockout. They don’t know the collective bargaining effects on the contract.

Well dang, I just did some reading and I completely missed how when the CBA expired that players couldn't be signed. Shows what I know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We knew.

That's why this place is awesome. I learn so much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got a baseball with the whole braves team. Signed by the whole team, just not this team. The real team that is fixing to find another home if anybody wants details holler. It has been put up for many years and forgot about
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Define “the real team”.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I started this thread halfway through what ended up being a division winning season. I watched this team lose 97 games, but could see the fight just a couple year before.

No one, and I mean no one thought this team would do this. Including myself.

Go Braves. They did it when no on thought they could.
    Couple things. Start a new 2022 Braves thread when it's time. I hope this season was a great as 2021. I will try to be more positive before the AllStar break.

Sign Freddie, Duvall to long contracts. Bring back Joc and Soler if possible since we will have the DH this year.

I will miss reading Bad Habit's posts. RIP Sir.

Go Braves!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Looks like Ozuna will be the DH (who has apparently been hitting well in the Dominican leagues) so I imagine Soler wont come back.

After Chipper & Snitkers comments, I have doubts that Freeman will come back. Hope he does.

Acuna looks to be healing well and can also take advantage of the DH spot.

Should be a fun year with or without Freddie.

If they don’t sign Freeman, it will bring back flash backs of trading Murphy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Define “the real team”.
    Henry Aaron, cletus bower, phil niekro,Felix Millan,george stone, rico carty, dusty baker and a bunch more Tater
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Nice!!!

Freddie freeman news heating up
    Last edited by duckshootringer55; 03-11-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Feel like this is a defining moment…..as a 30-35 yr braves fan.

Either happy with a title or after a streak