Thread: Any bee people in Rock Hill?

Default Any bee people in Rock Hill?

Honey bees have made a home in the eve of the porch of my dad's house and are getting inside. Any recommendations to remove? Problem is it's 40' up and no way to get to it from inside.

Contact turbo. He has a beer fetish, and I think is up that way a good bit. Make sure you let his buddies with the Rockhill popo know he is coming, so they can lend him a hand.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Beer isn’t a problem. Nor cops...but I do know a few that I can ask to be on the lookout for Turbo!

Clemson Extension will know someone in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    Beer isn’t a problem. Nor cops...but I do know a few that I can ask to be on the lookout for Turbo!
    Ha, auto correct changed it from bee to beer. Although he may have a beer problem. We would need to know how often and how much he drinks. Maybe someone will make a poll about that.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

I’d google Rock Hill beekeepers. The local club probably has a swarm/cut out list. I’ve done a couple bee hive cut outs around Aiken, but if it’s 40’ up it’s going to take serious equipment and a pro probably. Do not spray them....it will not get rid of them and could drive them deeper into the house.

Doubt any beekeeper wants anything to do with 40' in an eave. They like swarms 10' on an oak limb. You'd be better off calling an exterminator.

I've been told by a few exterminators that they aren't allowed to do anything to honey bees. But, it might be different if the bees are inside the walls or eaves of a house.

Thomas Jefferson

If you cant find anyone, send me a PM. Guy came and took a hive out of my farm house just south of Chester.

There Is a honey shop just north of Asheville on the right leaving town on merrimon..or whatever the road that is. I was in there and a fella in there was ready to come to my house and get bees 40’ up an oak tree until he found out I was 9 hours away. He said hed drive 6 for a strong, natural hive. Keep poking around, because those are quality, disease resistant, strong bees that everyone will want but only a few are prepared to get. Good luck. In the meantime...make sure to go pro so it doesn’t end up like this.