Thread: Need prop for 25 hp Yamaha

Default Need prop for 25 hp Yamaha

2009 2 stroke yamaha 25. Looking to upgrade stock prop. Pushes my 1548 jon boat 22mph at WOT. Figure I can do better, any suggestions.

I've got a 10p stilletto on my '07 25 and it'll push my 1542 about 30 with just me and a gas tank.

Thanks c-dub

I’ve also got an 11p aluminum that runs pretty good. Don’t know where you’re located but if you’re near lake Murray, I’d be happy to let you run either prop before you buy. I’m in Irmo but spend a good bit of time at the lake on the Chapin side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably gonna want a 11 or 12 pitch stainless. I got a 2 cylinder 25 and it runs really good with the weedless Yamaha black stainless prop
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Ive got a brand new 4 blade powertech 12pitch. Buddy of mine is trying it on his 30. If he doesnt want it you welcome to try it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Appreciate it all

I use to run a 13p aluminum on a 14'7" falcon, with 2 hole 25 amd could get about 32. I tried stainless on it and lost to many rpms
    Last edited by Steel Slinger; 04-27-2018 at 06:49 AM.
    Hancock 70 Yamaha

If you really want to get it right, get a way to determine rpms. That'll tell ya where you are and which way you need to go. Oem specs should have you at 5000+ rpm at wide open throttle. Any lower than that, you're stressing the motor. Since it's a 2 stroke you can run the rpm up as high as possible without hitting the rev limiter, assuming it has one. But with it only being 25 hp there's simply no sense in running it over 6000 rpm. Somewhere between 5200-5800 should be about right.
    Last edited by willyworm; 04-29-2018 at 08:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft