Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Originally posted by Huntlabs:
    Let me see if I have this right. Tator would let a 6 foot Timber Rattler crawl down the path he will be using to get back to his truck after dark because they are sweet docile animals that only bite people that step on them in the dark going back to thier truck?

Sorry, Tator but I've been hit by 2 in my life: A Cain Break in a cotton field walking to my bow stand in broad daylight at Santee Cooper WMA and a Cotton Mouth in Wassamasaw Swamp putting up posted signs. You can talk that tree hugger stuff if you want but they will hurt you if you step on them.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that argument about having been hit before doesn't hold water with me since I too have been hit by a timber rattler that I stepped on. I guess being a surveyor and dealing with snakes on a regular basis keeps me from pissing my pants everytime I see one...

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    nice bow. you know they make them a good bit smaller this decade?

That bow looks small to me.

Remind me never to post a pic of my old Hoyt.

Tator, I guess you're just a better man than I am. 4 years of Biology and doing my senior research project at The Citadel on snake metabolism taught me to respect snakes. 20 years of running around the world in The Army and looking out for snakes in most places I was in the woods has taught me a lot. I'm not scared of them when I can see them, but at night on the way out of a tree stand is something else. Don't shoot them if that's the way you feel but don't tell me that I need to feel the same way that you do.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

SCTIMBER Coots

Kill every one that I see that might be a threat to me, let everyone else do what the hell they want to, if they get there ass bitten, when they had a chance to kill one like this guy did in the pic and didn't do it, thats there tough luck. Nice pic by the way, would make a great skin mount!

Ignorant people kill snakes
    She was long and lean every young mans dream

yes i would assume they do. However many smart people kill snakes aswell. Dont get me wrong, i like snakes. But, there is a time and a place for everything. Under my stand at dark just dosn't happen to be one of them. Nine times out of ten i would have let him live, but when i know he may be a threat. Well that is when he becomes the one in ten.

Some people dont like snakes, me, i dont like spiders and i kill every damn one that gets in my way, or at least put its ass on the run. Its just a matter of personal openion.

Originally posted by duck65:
    I hate snakes. Kill all the mother fuckers!!!!!!!!
    Yep!!!!!!!! In case you want to [img]graemlins/drink3.gif[/img] .
    Where the hell am I? "I Love Animals, I Eat Their Meat and Wear Their Hides"

I nearly stepped on a timber en route to the stand Sat. morning. Luckily, I noticed it before I put foot down. It was cool enough that he probably was a bit sluggish, and didn't move much. I backed up a couple steps and hit the opposite side of the road. Went on around him without a problem. He had to be 4' or better. First rattler I've seen in a couple of years. I used to seen them regularly down there.

ignorant people are people who dont kill snakes when the smake can potentially hurt them.

I dont give a damn what anyone thinks a non poisionus snake always lives all the rest go where ever the hell a dead snake goes.

But as a country song goes you do your thing ill do mine