Thread: Trying my hand at making my own

Default Trying my hand at making my own

Trying my hand at making my own pot calls. What you guys think? Feedback welcome! Thanks....... Let me know if the link does not work..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Cb...ew?usp=sharing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Very Nice!!!! Love the spalting!! Wood Type?
    Last edited by ccleroy; 04-19-2018 at 11:10 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Good looking call

Go Wildcats!
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Very Nice!!!! Live the spalting!! Wood Type?
    I can not recall what exactly the type is. I got it a few months ago and forgot.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Better be sure the windows are shut. Gobbler might bust through to get to that sound. Nice work and hope it gets some blood on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Good looking call

Go Wildcats!
    Yes sir! Go Wildcats

Sounds really good.

Very nice. Go whack a couple and report back...

Very nice. Go whack a couple and report back...
    Going Saturday and taking this with.

I'd like to hear it yelp in a more circular motion to get some front end. I think it has potential.

Nice, look forward to a field report.

Stop one by my house when you leave the high school one evening and lemme try it out one morning.
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    Stop one by my house when you leave the high school one evening and lemme try it out one morning.
    hahaha will have to take a day and hunt. You can take me to one of those spots you keep taking all these birds at.......

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    I'd like to hear it yelp in a more circular motion to get some front end. I think it has potential.
    Little more info please sir..... Needs more of a higher pitch or lower or more of a roll over?

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    hahaha will have to take a day and hunt. You can take me to one of those spots you keep taking all these birds at.......
    Lets go I can take a day whenever
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

You have my number.

#2!!! I think it sounds better then the first made a few adjustments. Made the blank from walnut and maple. The striker is maple with some spalt and a cedar shaving inlay and a webwood dowel!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wt...O_6D4AP7_wkTHq
    Attached Images Attached Images