Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Just don’t get Hughes net
    X4. After two years of it, MCEC finally came through with fiber.

Where he is, the only hope for fiber is if AT&T replaces their copper. But I wouldn't hold my breath out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Dont know why i suddenly quit getting updates on this tread, Im talking about showing my butt with wally world since the lady told me it was the card for the hot spot and it is not and is non refundable.
    I understand your point, but if one of the reasons you were sold on the house was because of direct internet availability it sounds to me like you were misled by the realtor. It may not come to anything, but I'd have my attorney contact them about paying any additional costs you incur due to their false advertising, as it were. The big question you need to answer is whether you would have bought the house if you'd known up front that you would be having these problems. If not, I'd definitely make the realtors life miserable.

Yes, you should have double-checked on it, and were too trusting, but you were given bad info... intentionally or to just blow the question off by a poor realtor. Let them share the headache.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Where is the house located?
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I understand your point, but if one of the reasons you were sold on the house was because of direct internet availability it sounds to me like you were misled by the realtor. It may not come to anything, but I'd have my attorney contact them about paying any additional costs you incur due to their false advertising, as it were. The big question you need to answer is whether you would have bought the house if you'd known up front that you would be having these problems. If not, I'd definitely make the realtors life miserable.

Yes, you should have double-checked on it, and were too trusting, but you were given bad info... intentionally or to just blow the question off by a poor realtor. Let them share the headache.
    Couple that had it before us didn't have or want internet. But said to the best of their knowledge it was Att. I saw the box on the back of the house and assumed it was Internet as they did. Unless they flat out lied to me which at this point could be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far are you from the DSLAM?

I'd do a cellular hotspot before I did HughesNet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

well i broke down and called huges net. Told the guy i didnt like any of the plans they offered so he told me he had another unlimited option. I decided that it was the best i was going to get and went with it. When the installer showed up it was Viasat. Since when does hughes net and exede work together? Either way I will take it.

Let us know the results.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Verizon JetPack.
    Cell hotspot is the only viable option for most of us rural customers who need a lot of data at usable speeds. Hughesnet should be prosecuted for fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    well i broke down and called huges net. Told the guy i didnt like any of the plans they offered so he told me he had another unlimited option. I decided that it was the best i was going to get and went with it. When the installer showed up it was Viasat. Since when does hughes net and exede work together? Either way I will take it.
    Prayers sent!

This is an old thread and see that there are some comments on here about Hughesnet. I am trying to get internet to a farm house that doesnt get cell service or have any wired connection possibility. This will be in case I need to get online to do something for work - hopefully rare - and then also to stream youtube tv to watch football games or for the kids to watch a movie on occasion. My data usage will be minimal - maybe two - three weekends a month - so wasn't really worried about data usage, but now seeing comments on here about the service being spotty at high usage times, and their service being really bad. The last comment was over 2 years ago, so any of you still have this and all the same problems, or has it improved at all? Don't want to get tied into a 2 year contract with these guys if it is going to be a shitshow.
    Last edited by gamecock1974; 09-15-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    This is an old thread and see that there are some comments on here about Hughesnet. I am trying to get internet to a farm house that doesnt get cell service or have any wired connection possibility. This will be in case I need to get online to do something for work - hopefully rare - and then also to stream youtube tv to watch football games or for the kids to watch a movie on occasion. My data usage will be minimal - maybe two - three weekends a month - so wasn't really worried about data usage, but now seeing comments on here about the service being spotty at high usage times, and their service being really bad. The last comment was over 2 years ago, so any of you still have this and all the same problems, or has it improved at all? Don't want to get tied into a 2 year contract with these guys if it is going to be a shitshow.
    Check with Lynches River. They are in the process of running a ton of fiber in that area. https://www.lynchesriver.com/connect/

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    Check with Lynches River. They are in the process of running a ton of fiber in that area. https://www.lynchesriver.com/connect/
    I have and they cant pinpoint when it will make it to me.... but I am so far out in the sticks - 2 miles from the nearest paved road - that I am thinking I may be the last guy hooked up to that.

Don't you have a kid back there that needs broadband for school?

My daughter is a teacher and has the same problem, Spectrum line ends 200 yds from her house. They want her to pay $8,000 to run a line 200 yards. ATT has a line that runs infront of house but of course low life spectrum has the rights. She has sat i-net but it sucks. Has to use a hot spot but she has to teach and have 3 kids on it.

I hate spectrum and am working on dropping them
    Bluetick

Doing more research on hughesnet and still looking for positive comments. Thinking this may not be the way to go. Saw that it will eat up almost all my monthly data limit (before the speed slows way down) if I watch one football game in HD. Damn I don't want to deal with dish or direct tv, but guessing that is the way to go and just don't worry about internet.

I have Viasat and am extremely unhappy. Expensive and slow, once your "Unlimited" data allotment runs out you are pushed to the back of the line and basically have nothing during peak times. No other option for me right now.

Hey Willyworm,

Drop me a line when you get a chance. We've got a similar situation with a new property.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    Doing more research on hughesnet and still looking for positive comments.
    I am positive that Hughesnet blows dogs for quarters, and while Directv's parent company ATT is the worst company in the history of companies, you will be happy with the product...