Thread: Ford F-350 Diesel

Default Ford F-350 Diesel

2007 6.0 bulletproofed by Omar Bradley's place at around 15k, has 200k on the clock now. Only reason I'm even considering it is because this is a buddy's truck who takes excellent care of his stuff. Did almost zero towing and always maintained it with the records to prove it. I'm not a diesel guy, so I have no idea about the reliability after the "bullet proofing". I've researched it a good bit but the reviews are all over the place. Any real world experiences? From all indications he's selling it to me for 4-5k less than market price. What say you diesel owners?

I'm walking out the door to go look at a 05 Tundra. Both are priced the same.

Thanks,
    Mike

I looked at a F550 at a dealership and was about to buy it. Called KRT and he asked a few questions that I couldn’t answer. Went back to Herndon Chevy, talked with them about what KRT asked and they dropped 5k off the price immediately.
    I sat on the fence for a few days and the dealership called back offering 8k off of a 15k truck. I figured something was up and it was. I ran the VIN, seen it was traded in by a local asphalt paving company so I called and asked them there thoughts and they agreed although it was bullet proof, they had put a tuner in it and it had many problems.
    I guess it’s a gamble but if done right, I think KRT would say that you can stand behind it. I have a Chevy 2500 with 400k miles and is still strong as an ox. When looking for new/used diesel trucks, KRT is the first phone call I make.