Thread: Bowmaster Archery

Does anybody know anything about Bowmaster Archery in Lancaster? I'm looking into buying a bow and I'd like to go somewhere with a little more selection than Irby Street Sporting Goods in Florence.

Heard of it, but never been there. Will try and go by to get some info. If you have used a bow before, and know what you like, check out Hunters friend. They sell bow packages at a resonable price and set up to your specifications. They are very nice to work with. I wouldn't recomend novice shooters to do this they will need to go pull a few first. I took mine right out of the package and shot 3" groupings.

I have had some dealings with them and the owner is a ex-cop with a bad attitude. He bad mouths everything except what he carries ,mainly PSE as he says he is a staff shooter. A buddy of mine bought a PSE new off of ebay last year and took it in to have a peep installed and then have the string length changed.My friend had looked in his store but bought it for almost $100 cheaper off ebay.When the shop owner asked him where he got and my friend told him ebay,he handed the bow back to him and said well then, find a bow mechanic on ebay to change it.Im not kidding.If I was looking again for a bow I would go to Carolina Sportsman in Rock Hill(actually Newport) Right now they are in the process of changing owners and all bows are 35% off.They have great customer service and some ofthe best bow techs around.Mark Mcfadden is the guy to see in archery.Hope this helps.Thanks,barnabus

Originally posted by barnabus:
    He bad mouths everything except what he carries
    That sums up about 85-90% of the so called "archery shops" out there....
    Believe it or not, one the best experiences I 've ever had in a bow shop was in Davis Station in the back of little ass general store. Place was run by a young guy about 20-21 years old.

Quote:
    "Believe it or not, one the best experiences I 've ever had in a bow shop was in Davis Station in the back of little ass general store."

I think that used to be Cross Roads Archery... It has moved but they are still a good shop.
    \"If you make men think that they are thinking... you will be loved. But if you truely make a man think... he will hate you\" Theodore Roosevelt

Cool, that young man deserves all the business he can stand. I know it was just one instance, but he earned my respect by the way he took care of the guy ahead of me and then went above and beyond to take care of me.