Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear problems at my house in Sandy Run

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Hahahahahaha! All I can think of right now!!!
    That's a quality movie.. the wife and I were watching it not too long ago, and my youngest girl climbed up to watch the end of it with us.. she started reading the raccoon part, when they say "ass" at the end referring to the bear. She read that part and said ass out loud, I think it's the only bad word she's ever said and she put her hands over her mouth as soon as she read it.

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    That bear is not a problem
    You my MAN get it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Bird feeder(s) duh... Shoot that fucker and make a nice rug and rump steak!

6'4" & 300 lbs... Ahem, I think I found kayakkillers old man...
    I guessed at his height by watching the videos and noticing he can only reach his paws above his nose about 4-6”. There are marks on the pole he was reaching up on at 6’10”. I was told by someone that knows bears that one that size would probably weigh 350 pounds. I am really not trying to stretch anything but do know he is a big SOB. I have seen him under lights 20 feet from me through my bedroom patio door.

My plan if he returns is to first shoot a shotgun in the air. If he comes again he may get a load of 410 #9’s in the butt. If at anytime that he should show aggressiveness towards me or a pet, I may have a bear rug in my future.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

If you all upset bout this big bad bear call DNR.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Careful, TSS #9's might kill him...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Careful, TSS #9's might kill him...
    If you could find them anywhere!

Load up a few shotgun shells with rock salt.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    If you all upset bout this big bad bear call DNR.
    As I said in original post, DNR is coming out first of next week. They will look for options like trapping and placement somewhere else. They told me this usually does not end well for the bear. Not upset, just concerned that my 6 month old grandson can visit safely. Luckily he did not show up last night.

A shotgun going off is going to be like loud thunder. You need to shoot bottle rockets or Roman candles at his ass, that’ll get a reaction out of him.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Bottle rockets and Roman candles. I’ll bring the beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I think you will be fine. A black bear- 4 feet or seven- is incredibly unlikely to hurt your grandson or anyone else.
    Carolina Counsel

The kid is 6 months old, WTF would he EVER be doing to get damaged by the bear??? If he did then the nearest adult(s) are the ones that need to be killed. Damn.

Look dude, a bear is nothing more than an overgrown raccoon. He ain’t going to hurt anyone, he’s just going to tear up shit. Get rid of the fucking bear.

X2

If you need a govt agency to do the work for you and can still look your wife in the eye then go for it.

He doesn't know the foods not for him. Hope they can move him successfully.I like to watch the birds too.

Ignorance is not a virtue...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Dang, y'all awful mean to Rooster13!!

I mean come on guys, it's a big scary black bear!!

It's beary scary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Good source of bear grease and oil right there. Only way to remove a nuisance bear is hanging from the bucket of a front end loader. They are determined and won't be denied. However they do make for a decent grilling sausage. Good luck.
    We had one hanging around moose camp one year , those in the know figured him to be 400-450 pounds.By hanging around I mean 30 -40 ft or closer at times.He didn't mess with anything in camp but it was a bit disconcerting to say the least. He'd sleep back of the tipi on my side. I figure he was thinking Indian taco tonight.
    After 2 days of that I told boss man the bear gots to go. He gets out a ham , sliced off a good hunk , walks to the bear that's about 15 feet away. Talked to him a bit in Ojibway , told him he had to leave as he was making the Mohawks a bit nervous and tossed him the ham.The bear had a sniff of it let out a small "woof" picked it up and sauntered away never to be seen again. Weirdest thing I ever experienced. You need a fella like that.Our Ojibway pals are all Bear Clan.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I would open hand slap the s*** out of him. Don't show fear, they're ravenous creatures that prey on the weak. I've seen The Edge, and I've watched the Revenant several times.

What one man can do, another can do.

Last edited by JJ1965; 04-06-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.