Thread: Hunting slow?

I've been hunting up around Winnsboro and the deer just don't seem to be moving. Was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same or better

I have not even been yet this season. Just been to durn hot for me
    Don\'t you wish your girlfriend was freak like me

RugerAnnie Coots

I've seen plenty of deer moving around, but they happen to be where I can't shoot them, so I'll wait and go where I can shoot them, and hope there will be a lot of good'uns to pick from... [img]graemlins/deer.gif[/img]

I've been once. Went Sat. afternoon and nothing, I mean not a single creature of the wild of any kind moved until 7pm. Then a squirell...then deer. I had three or four coming to me when I realized that it was a nice bachelor group. Passed on the first 5 or six point due to the nice eight point behind him. Drew on the 8 pt and noticed that there was a bigger deer coming behind him. He had a darker rack and I dont know how big it was. I concentrated on the body so I wouldn't freak. It decided to stay on a farther from my tree course. I had one thread-the-needle shot and let one fly when he hit the hole. I shot my 22 to point blank pin and he was at 30-33. He did a little jitterbug and the other deer ran around and ended up coming into an open area behind me. I ended up getting a crack at the eight I'd passed on earlier and stuck him. He ran off about twenty feet, turned around to see what had disturbed him, swayed a bit then DOWN! I was up in Great Falls, and everybody has said the action has been slow, but for my 2.5 hours in the stand, the action was really hot. I wish I'd stuck the big un, but that was the best buck yet for me with a bow, so I'm not too disapointed. Meats in the freezer; time to concentrate on wall-hangers and nannys! It's supposed to be really nice starting Friday for a couple of days. Hope y'all start seeing some deer and flinging some arrows.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Good job WWD.
    It seems like 7:00 is the time here also in the evenings.

I have killed 2 does with the bow and lost one small 8 point with the bow. The deer are not moving consistantly.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Their moving good here. We killed 13 deer on the property over the last four days. 4 nice bucks.
    80-20 Genaration

if bugbuster hasnt killed at least 75 deer, things are slow.

"if bugbuster hasnt killed at least 75 deer, things are slow."

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

It's definitely not slow around here. I've sat in a stand four times... I've put two in the freezer and stuck an indian bullet through a tree between me and a third. It's amazing how you sometimes don't see a 2 - 3" diameter tree until after it stops an arrow.
    \"If you make men think that they are thinking... you will be loved. But if you truely make a man think... he will hate you\" Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by treekilla:
    stuck an indian bullet through a tree between me and a third.
    I guess that explains how you came up with your handle, Treekilla.

I guess I can't say much; I had a sapling cost me a pretty nice buck a few years ago in a similar situation.

Maybe Hunting is slow b/c you not in the right place I have seen plenty of deer

kirk

You got it...
    \"If you make men think that they are thinking... you will be loved. But if you truely make a man think... he will hate you\" Theodore Roosevelt

jumped a couple of does bedded down near my stand last night...then, nothing. still hot....to my fat ass.

looking forward to cooler weather and fewer leaves.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Saw 5 last nite. Drew back on a nice doe only to see another deer slipping through the woods about 100 yards out. Figured it may be a buck. Let off on the doe, other deer never shows. Doe trots off in meantime. No shot fired. Still had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to my bud for the fantastic hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.