Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Edibles...who else?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Way to go on the bird and morels.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I simply can not believe I didn’t get a LOT more love for the Marathon bar. WTF is wrong with you people...maybe I’m just old.
    I know I'm older than you but I don't remember the Marathon Bar. Course growing up, and even now, I've never been much of a candy eater. When I was a kid and I had some change in my pocket I always bought a lemon and a tube of BBs. Sweets have never done anything for me, I like sour much better than sweet. There ain't nothing I love more on a hot summer day than an ice cold glass of homemade sauerkraut juice. My grandmother (German one) kept churns of kraut working all the time, or it seemed that way to me. There was a nail on the wall with a ladle hanging by the churns. I'd get a glass of ice and my grandmother would tell me which churn was "done" and I'd dip my juice out of that one. Best thirst quencher in the world when you been playing and sweating. I miss that stuff, the stuff in a can just don't get it. Although I will eat it occasionally.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    They still make whatchamacallits and I can pick em up at the corner store.....just sayin.
    I’m going to pretend I didn’t just see you putting a Whatchamacallit in the same ballpark as a Marathon bar!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Those commercials didn’t seem quite so gay back when we were kids...
    Regardless, they were the perfect blend of just the right sweetness of milk chocolate andjust the right chewiness of the perfect caramel.

And hey, the whatchamacallit wasn’t no slouch...it’s just not Marathon bar worthy.
    It was a damn good day when you could tote that greenback up to the corner Sunoco across from Evanport Elememtary...take the short-cut thru the bamboo patch, and buy 3 Marathon bars, 1 pack of “nowalatars” (10 full sized now and laters per pack) and a 1O oz coke in a bottle for 50 cents. Then take back the bottle and earn a nickle. Good times Mergie...even if you did lean sour...shit, Ida hooked you up with some Zots brother!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 05-06-2018 at 12:14 AM.

And to top off the perfect day...my case of Curly Wurlys arrived from England! For the old fuggers on here...remember the single greatest candy bar ever invented? The perfect combination of milk chocolate and chewy caramel? The one and only Marathon Bar!

Much like the greatest canned pasta and meatballs....the Roller Coasters from Chef Boyardee...the Marathon Bar was discontinued...for no other reason than to piss off people who appreciate great tasting stuff. Cadbury makes the same bar, but only sells it in England. Amazon.com will get them to your door with free shipping at .50 a candy bar...HOW???
    If and when you're ordering more Marathon bars, go ahead and order you some Cadbury Crunchie Bars and Cadbury Flakes.

Those commercials didn’t seem quite so gay back when we were kids...
    Regardless, they were the perfect blend of just the right sweetness of milk chocolate andjust the right chewiness of the perfect caramel.

And hey, the whatchamacallit wasn’t no slouch...it’s just not Marathon bar worthy.
    It was a damn good day when you could tote that greenback up to the corner Sunoco across from Evanport Elememtary...take the short-cut thru the bamboo patch, and buy 3 Marathon bars, 1 pack of “nowalatars” (10 full sized now and laters per pack) and a 1O oz coke in a bottle for 50 cents. Then take back the bottle and earn a nickle. Good times Mergie...even if you did lean sour...shit, Ida hooked you up with some Zots brother!
    The Willy Wonka Scrunch bar was before the Watchamacallit. They were similar but the Scrunch was better.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

♫ ♫ That's a-more-l ♪ ♫

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Can someone tell me what these are please. Are they worth picking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I’ve looked for morels for years. I would love to get my hands on some and would be willing to pay good money.

That black thing looks right tasty.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Have a few chant patches. Found a huge lions mane, this was only half, my buddy took the other half.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Are these ramps?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm a smidge jealous

Ground check please. My wife thinks we might die...

Nope you good

Default Wild Edibles...who else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnredneck View Post
    Ground check please. My wife thinks we might die...

Ate a pile of them yesterday.

Edit: and still kickin.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 08-23-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Your good to go. Had those in a taco last night and an omelet this morning and ain't dead yet
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

27A00B58-A35E-4C36-8C11-D4969308E775.jpg

Down at Wiggins while dog driving.