Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Range Hunting

all i was saying is when you get past 800 even with the right set up whether you use a G7 or a kestral or what ever instrument you use. It takes way more experience and yes the margin for error is amplified you are correct.

From 800-1200 using my 6.5 data, vertical hold doubled, wind drift doubled. So to assert that an 800 yd shot is no different than a 1200 yd shot is 100% horse shit. Every error is magnified exponentially beyond 800.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    From 800-1200 using my 6.5 data, vertical hold doubled, wind drift doubled. So to assert that an 800 yd shot is no different than a 1200 yd shot is 100% horse shit. Every error is magnified exponentially beyond 800.
    Obviously it's different as I stated the dope and outside factors change tremendously. The rate at which the margin of error changes is magnified at a set rate based on physics.
    Assuming 100% accurate wind, atmospheric, dope, and hold then nothing changes between 0 and transonic. Argue all you want but it's physics. That magnification you're seeing is simply your own errors being brought to light. The same ones are present at short range they just don't show up
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I don't even have a place I can shoot 1000 yards, so it's largely academic to me. I'm happy limiting myself to 400 or so on deer and pigs, further on coyotes if given the chance because IDGAF, and 700-800 on steel. While I'd happily TRY to shoot further, lack of access to be able to practice within 30 minutes of my house limits me.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    Griffin just stfu. Nobody gives a shit. You're always trying to be a fucking know it all.
    I don't know everything but I do know you have nipple rings and a dragon tattoo and that's pretty fucking gay
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

The problem is nothing stays the same from shot to shot. External factors are constantly changing. A 20 FPS variation in my muzzle velocity changes the point of impact by three feet at 1200 yds. A 3 mph wind change is 30” of drift. That a miss or a cripple with almost undetectable changes.

The problem is nothing stays the same from shot to shot. External factors are constantly changing. A 20 FPS variation in my muzzle velocity changes the point of impact by three feet at 1200 yds. A 3 mph wind change is 30” of drift. That a miss or a cripple with almost undetectable changes.

Nu uhh, Griffith said it's the same thing.

I’ve got the range.

Couple fellas have been invited on here.

We can set this up.

Exactly what I am saying. Those are outside factors and errors