Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hartwell Advice

have you ever tried using the tactics that caught stripers before to catch them now?

just an idea but i only care about your kids and their electronics.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Well?

well well
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    have you ever tried using the tactics that caught stripers before to catch them now?

Every time I have an internet conversation with this guy my head hurts. He fishes for stripers and catches bass. He fishes for bass and catches stripers and then asks on the internet how to catch stripers
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

“Ike's learned how to hit Marquard's curve. Pretend a fast one's coming, then try to miss it."

If you want to catch more stripers, just go bass fishing.

How hard was that?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Every time I have an internet conversation with this guy my head hurts. He fishes for stripers and catches bass. He fishes for bass and catches stripers and then asks on the internet how to catch stripers
    Good to know it's a 2 way street. I'll try to make the point to you again. I'm not asking for advice on how to catch A striper. I'm asking how to catch more stripers in a kid friendly manor specifically between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm. As the original post said, we consistently catch them on planer boards (which is a kid friendly manor) early in the morning. After that it stops. I could go out most any time and catch them with other methods like dragging umbrella rigs (which there is no way in hell a small kid could reel in under power) or throwing a big ass Zara Spook and walking the dog on baitcasting equipment (again, no way in hell a 3 year old is doing that).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

Hopefully my last reply to Griffin will answer that.

As has been stated above I think, move around with your trolling motor looking for fish. If you find them and downrods are getting eaten, I find it easier sometimes to reel in the planers and freelines so you can spin easier and tighter and stay on top of them circling back. If you have no problem finding them, take me. I’ll show you everything at has ever worked for me. I haven’t been enough lately to know for sure where anything is, just where they should be this time of year.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

You're right. No way those fish that bite a spook witll bite live bait
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    As has been stated above I think, move around with your trolling motor looking for fish. If you find them and downrods are getting eaten, I find it easier sometimes to reel in the planers and freelines so you can spin easier and tighter and stay on top of them circling back. If you have no problem finding them, take me. I’ll show you everything at has ever worked for me. I haven’t been enough lately to know for sure where anything is, just where they should be this time of year.
    Thanks. I'll definitely have to take you up on that.

You're right. No way those fish that bite a spook witll bite live bait
    You'd be surprised. I had 3 separate trips last year with the kids in the boat with down rods out when they came up schooling. If you didn't cast dead center on top of them busting with a top water and hook one within the first couple of seconds you wouldn't catch one. At no point in any of those trips did we catch one on a down rod with live bait, and that was with the graph covered up with a school.

Last edited by scoutlover; 03-21-2018 at 01:28 PM.

I do have a second question. How do stripers and hybrids relate to muddy water? We've been getting hammered with rain and the creeks in the Seneca river are about like the color of cardboard most all the way to the mouth. Will that push them out or will they stay and feed if the bait stays?

Fish where the water mixes. Mud line.