Thread: Waterproofing feathers?

What do you guys use to waterproof your feathers?

I was going to pick up some of the powder but heard that it doesn't last that long in wet weather.

I've also heard that you can spray them with silicon, but I would think the odor would be an issue.

Other than a plastic bag, what's the best way?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I use fly dressing that flyfishermen spray on their dryflys. I can't remember the brand name( Duck oil I think) but it's a small green aresol can. Womans hair spray dosn't work to bad either!
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I use Scotchguard. It works very well. Just let it air out for a couple of days to be on the safe side as far as odor is concerned.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

tradorion Coots

Woodie- let me find the old threa don Bowsite/Leatherwall/Stickbow on some type of "tire wet" silicone... It seems to get the best waterproofing reports of anyting i have heard of- I am getting ready to do my new arrows.

T