Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Garden Thread

started pulling red taters yesterday. Lettuce is all gone. Snow peas are put up and been eating squash for a week or 2
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    started pulling red taters yesterday. Lettuce is all gone. Snow peas are put up and been eating squash for a week or 2
    How early did you plant squash? My plants are huge but haven't have the first bloom yet.

Feb 24. Took a chance and about 5 plants made it. I will try to post a pic when I get time. Planted lettuce, red taters, radish and snow pea's the same time.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The granny panties on the clothes line give the garden a nice touch dr. Do they keep the deer away?

I've been picking squash and cucumbers for about 10 days now but all this rain is starting to rot some of the squash

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

007.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    The granny panties on the clothes line give the garden a nice touch dr. Do they keep the deer away?
    Yep and that is not panty's.

G

Box garden--pftt. Just kiddin. Maters looking good. What kind as I see a lot of different bonnie plant stakes.

What’s with the hanging chair? To keep spooks away?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    What’s with the hanging chair? To keep spooks away?
    To keep the deer guessing. We have a serious problem with deer. Killed 6 off this lease with a 22/mag. Let 6 more go for seed. 1.25/acre. Have one opening and the stand is in place.

My garden is drowning....10+" in the past two weeks!
    Dumped 4" this morning....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

That sucks Cali. My garden has been thankful for this rain. But I'm also on a sugar sand hill. I do good to get anything to grow other than a pine tree.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post

G
    Do y'all spray fungicide? I fight leaf spot every year, and it's worse when my plants get thick and close together like that. I'm growing where there's not a lot of air flow and not as much sun as I'd like, so conditions are conducive to high humidity and never drying out though.

I’m going to spray this week due to all the rain. That spot does get plenty of wind and sun. This is the first year in the new bed so I think we won’t have a problem.

Cherry tomatoes are starting to ripen and I will have big maters in a week or so.

G

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    To keep the deer guessing. We have a serious problem with deer. Killed 6 off this lease with a 22/mag. Let 6 more go for seed. 1.25/acre. Have one opening and the stand is in place.
    Talk to me about this opening and stand, I got a 22mag that would love to do some work on deer
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I might have to pollinate for the zucchini as the insects aren’t getting a chance with this much rain.

No sign of tomatoes but the plants are growing fast.

Peppers are doing fair .

The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Got a more permanent electric fence up Saturday between showers. Late planting but it appears everything came up. Hope to get some weeding done but it's still mighty wet and no break in the forecast anytime soon.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I was having trouble with slugs eating up my pepper plants and my wife told me about a trick her grandmother used. She'd fill pie plates up with Budweiser and the slugs would drown in them.

I think something like a butter tub or solo cup would work better since the sides are steeper. I watched several slugs crawl out of the pie plates but still killed about 50. I plan to try something with steeper sides once this rain moves out.

Rain and wind took care of our sweet corn, feed corn is cool.