Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bible

Default New Bible

About to get me a new bible. Want one with the pleather & BIG print. Tired of squinting to read mine. I see some people are now reading theirs on I-Pad's etc. Ain't ready for that yet. I assumed I'd just go back with KJV but some seem to really like the NIV. Got me to thinking. What do you heathen's like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    About to get me a new bible. Want one with the pleather & BIG print. Tired of squinting to read mine. I see some people are now reading theirs on I-Pad's etc. Ain't ready for that yet. I assumed I'd just go back with KJV but some seem to really like the NIV. Got me to thinking. What do you heathen's like?
    Personally like the ESV study bibles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have different versions I like to read. ASV, CEVD, ESV, MSG, and NIV are the most common I use. Depends on if you are studying or teaching. My go to is probably NIV with ESV a close second.

Look up “every mans bible”. It’s one I recently purchased and like it. It comes in NIV
    Last edited by reeltight; 03-12-2018 at 11:34 AM.

NKJV
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

I have a Thompson Study Bible in NKJV, which I have really connected with. A little less formal than the KJV, but retains most of the same feel.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

My wife got me a new Scofield Study Bible for Christmas. Large Print and KJV, I like it alot, I had a smaller Scofield prior with small print.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I use ESV

Just rent a cheap hotel room and try not to get poked by any used needles in the nightstand.. Sportin will be along shortly witnessin’...
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

I have a waterproof ESV... I've gone through NIV and ASV, but our current pastor seems to teach most from the ESV, so that's what I use. I just have to remember to have a ball point pen on hand to make annotations. Gel pens smear on the waterproof paper.

ADDENDUM: This is NOT a larger print Bible, so maybe disregard.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 03-12-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Default update

The NIV was revised a few years ago. Up until then, that was what I preferred. The newest NIV's are more "politically correct" if I recall correctly.

I went with ESV because that is what our Pastors preach from.

I also use YouVersion on my phone and I-Pad. It lets you switch between downloaded version with the touch of a button.
    Last edited by justpracticin; 03-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Look up “every mans bible”. It’s one I recently purchased and like it. It comes in NIV
    Looks like a good one.

NLT. It comes in the Every Man's Bible, and Celebrate Recovery. Both have some real good extras to help you out sometimes.

Life Application Study Bible- you can get in KJV or whichever your version is.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I have a Thompson Study Bible in NKJV, which I have really connected with. A little less formal than the KJV, but retains most of the same feel.
    This. Their Bibles are awesome in terms of the additional info they provide for context and reference. I like NIV or ASV (which I think is the middle-ground between KJV and NIV), because the KJV is more difficult to read, which can limit what you're actual absorbing. Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.

Just went through the same thing. I ended up (believe it or not) a fire tablet. I can navigate that sucker 10 times as fast as my paper bible and can make the font big as I need. I can actually keep up with the preacher now.

You can download any version you want for free. I know some people like the paper only route (I was one of them), but I actually really like the new tech way too. For $50 I can’t complain.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 03-12-2018 at 07:26 PM.

ESV is my go to, but I've been known to use pretty much any version for various different reasons.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I plan to order me an ERV bible Wednesday
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

The Reformation Study Bible from RC Sprouls Ligoneir Ministries is what I have, in ESV. Really a great Bible, jam packed full of great study material.
    Psalm 23

I don't witness around needles.

Giving blood is a ticket to hell.