Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Mindless) WMA laws

Default (Mindless) WMA laws

I'd prefer people obey Duck Tape's rules so that this can be a thread with answers instead of just complaints. However, I realize this is SC Ducks and well, whatever.

2.6 – On all WMA lands, baiting or hunting
    over a baited area is prohibited. As used in this
    section, “bait” or “baiting” means the placing,
    depositing, exposing, distributing, or scattering
    of shelled, shucked, or unshucked corn,
    wheat, or other grain or other food stuffs to
    constitute an attraction, lure, or enticement to,
    on, or over any area. “Baited area” means an
    area where bait is directly or indirectly placed,
    deposited, exposed, distributed, or scattered
    and the area remains a baited area for ten
    (10) days following the complete removal of
    all bait. Salt/minerals are not considered bait.

From General Turkey Regs:
    Unlawful to hunt or take a wild turkey
    by means of bait or on or over any baited
    area (SC 50-11-510). Bait means placing,
    depositing, exposing, distributing, or scattering
    of salt, corn, wheat, or other grain,
    or foodstuffs to constitute a lure or attraction
    for wild turkeys.

How does that make sense? This is not a what if type question as I realize the extreme unlikeliness of this being ticketed, or even stumbled upon. It just seems contradictory, and I guess dumb in multiple ways. I've never seen a turkey be attracted to or consume salt/minerals. But I'm not a turkey expert (since this is the outdoor legislation forum I'm being nice and not saying the p word commonly attributed to people who like to write rhymes).

2.5 – No Sunday hunting is permitted on any WMA lands

I figured this would have been hashed out on here before but I didn't find anything while searching. I don't think a 1 day a week break does anything beneficial pressure wise for any species. Very minor if anything. You can hunt non WMA public areas on Sunday so I don't see how it's purely a manpower issue. Blue Laws? Why is no hunting on Sunday still a thing?

Feel free to "derail" and add your own if you'd like.

Back in the 1960's we didn't hunt on Sundays and I don't think you should hunt on Sunday's. There ya go. That's why we can't hunt Sunday's. #freesundayhunting

What about fishing on Sunday or going to a store or resteraunt? I go sit in God’s church Sunday AM and sit in his creation Sunday afternoon.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I believe no Sunday hunting has more to do with giving the bird-dorks and horseback riders a day to use the WMAs without worrying about bullets flying.

I say they've got 9 months set aside for that.

Go to church
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    Go to church
    I live stream Pastor Joel Osteen directly to my phone while in the stand. I also send my tithes via paypal so that he can get a better plane to do the Lord's work.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I believe no Sunday hunting has more to do with giving the bird-dorks and horseback riders a day to use the WMAs without worrying about bullets flying.

I say they've got 9 months set aside for that.
    I think it’s good to keep the bird dorks and horseback riders happy. Multiple use lands need to be that way year round. I do think there should be a non hunting wma permit they have to buy

It's very simple. All you need to do is figure out how ducktape can profit from Sunday hunting and he will quickly introduce a bill allowing Sunday hunting
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

What about other states that have Sunday hunting on WMA's? Should we make them stop so they can go to church? Its ridiculous that we have thousands of acres of public hunting land and we are not able to use it just because its Sunday. Whats different about Sunday? Some people only have Sundays off. They'd probably like to be able to use some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    It's very simple. All you need to do is figure out how ducktape can profit from Sunday hunting and he will quickly introduce a bill allowing Sunday hunting
    He is not enough of a redneck to hunt on public land, so he doesn't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    He is not enough of a redneck to hunt on public land, so he doesn't give a shit.
    Hit that nail on the head
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

We should get a trailer full of deer from Kansas and release them in our MWA' s. That's gonna help the herd. So we can hunt on Sunday afternoons. Get it?
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

if the reasoning is to allow the wildlife to rest, why not let them rest on tuesday and thursday? or some other day or group of days during the week

hell they had a bunch of the WMAs set pretty good for a while there, atleast on the turkey hunting..... open only on Wed and Sat. then they changed it to Thursday, friday and saturday. three days in a row.... if you work a normal mon-fri job, by the time you get to go on saturday, the birds will have been messed with for the past two days.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    if the reasoning is to allow the wildlife to rest, why not let them rest on tuesday and thursday? or some other day or group of days during the week
    Because it is nothing but imposing religious beliefs on others.

It definitely has a lot to do with religious beliefs but not necessarily those of DNR. A lot of country people find Sunday hunting to be irreverent or even downright sinful. DNR needs support and buy in from those folks who put their lands in the WMA system and their neighbors.

I'd like someone to show me in the bible where it says hunting on Sunday is a sin. Hunting and fishing is how I rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    It definitely has a lot to do with religious beliefs but not necessarily those of DNR. A lot of country people find Sunday hunting to be irreverent or even downright sinful. DNR needs support and buy in from those folks who put their lands in the WMA system and their neighbors.

I'd like someone to show me in the bible where it says hunting on Sunday is a sin. Hunting and fishing is how I rest.
    Thats easy......

From Isaiah, Chapter 58.
    If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Now I'm not saying I follow this or I'm judging anyone who hunts on Sunday. You just said you'd like someone to show you this out of the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Thats easy......

From Isaiah, Chapter 58.
    If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Now I'm not saying I follow this or I'm judging anyone who hunts on Sunday. You just said you'd like someone to show you this out of the Bible.
    Too bad Old Testament laws don't really apply to us
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Too bad Old Testament laws don't really apply to us
    The laws don't but Gods word does.............."come on in boys, the water is fine. "
    Last edited by BRR; 03-12-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Sunday is the first day of the Jewish week, not the last. The Jewish law instructed them to rest on the Sabbath, which is Saturday. However, Jesus, being Lord of the Sabbath, worked and performed miracles on the Sabbath, as did His disciples. I think that Jesus established that whatever you do on the Sabbath, or Sunday for that matter, are ok as long as your heart is right and you are following Christ in what you do.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.