Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Land Rover Discovery 1 Build

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Drooling over the Bridgeport
    Yes it is....he needs more tooling. Luckily I have some in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    Thats bad ass !! Are these vehicles known to rust real bad ? Ive always loved em but seem like a money pit . Cant wait to see this one done . Good stuff !
    It depends......some are rust free and some are rusty as shit. Land Rover, in all its infinite wisdom, decided to put a 1" piece of foam between the carpet and the floor pan in just about every truck it made. Well, people get in with wet feet and the foam gets saturated and literally never dries out......it will rust the shit out of the floor pans.

In addition to the pans the A and B pillars can get pretty rusty. The sunroof drains into the pillars and the water comes out the bottom of the pillar via a hole. These drain holes get clogged with mud and other debris and the water has no where to drain so they rust out. If you buy a truck from a guy that knows all this they are usually 100% rust free. Pulling out the foam and spraying a little compressed air into the drain hole every several months will make your truck last forever.

Mechanically they have a few gremlins, but they are pretty damn simple vehicles......especially the D1's.

You can pick them up all day long for a few thousand bucks and build them from there. Everyone likes them because they have a center locking differential (LT230 Transfer Case) and are freaking monsters off road.......if you install lockers in the front and rear it only gets better, they will crawl up the side of a mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Yes it is....he needs more tooling. Luckily I have some in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need more time to use it!

No real updates, my bumper and coil springs have been sandblasted and powder coated and if I have time I will grab them tomorrow. The front seats should be back from the upholstery shop this week as well. I am ridiculously busy right now and my progress has slowed some......I'll get back going soon.

That's like a Pocketful of kryptonite. I like the ride though buddy.

Picked up my bumper and springs from the powder coat shop..........I'll try and get the front end back together this week.

i'm tingling with anticipation
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I mounted the brush guard and winch this afternoon and got the front put back together. The mounting bracket for an antenna is unfortunately in the way of me closing the hood. The ARB brush guard came off of my RRC and has not been mounted to a Discovery, so I am not surprised I needed to make a couple of modifications (The AC line was in the way too).

Anyway, I'll get to it next week.

Picked up my front seats, I changed the color scheme a little. The tan is pretty close to what's in there and the dark brown is obviously a deviation........I will re-cover the rear seat and other interior pieces once I get it rolling again.