Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Qualified captain

Early one morning we were at Pack’s standing next to the boat ramp. There was a fellow backing his 18 foot bass boat down the ramp and his ride slid half off the trailer before he could get his tires wet. It was a bad scene and his boat made an awful noise when it hit the concrete.

There was enough people standing around that everybody found their spot along the boat and manhandled that thing back on the trailer.

The last thing I remember was that boat heading toward the flats and going fishing after all.

Archie and Puddin were hunting one morning and headed back to the ramp. As Archie was motoring up to The landing they noticed a fella had backed his trailer off the ramp and had it stuck and banged up in some rocks with the boat still on it. Archie tells pudding to leave it alone but knew that wasn't going to happen. Puddin walks up to the situation, looks at the trailer and back again to the fellas a few times. Then Puddin says "You know man it's none of my business but you really should have used this perfectly good ramp right here. You're going to fuck yer shit up like this."
    I feel like that picture would have made the insta these days but was before household internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Runaway boat in Miami today, wild video from helicopter as boat launches off a dock

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/un...-florida-lake/
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

That 9mph wind was brutal?

CHARLESTON COUNTY, S.C. —
    The United States Coast Guard rescued three men after their boat capsized.

According to the Coast Guard, someone reported to the Coast Guard Thursday just before 7:30 a.m. that a 23-foot boat capsized with three men clinging to the overturned hull.

A search and rescue crew pulled the three men from the water and took them to receive medical care but no injuries were reported, Coast Guard says.

"This is a prime example of how quickly things can go wrong in a matter of seconds," said Petty Officer 2nd Class Harry Seibert . "It is important mariners check their vessel for all the necessary safety equipment onboard and monitor weather conditions prior to getting on the water."

According to the Coast Guard, the boat's owner is working with a salvage company to recover the boat.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/three-...arbor/41868949

I saw that picture. Two guys couldnt find a life jacket? Stupid stupid stupid.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have sunk 2 botes. First time in Murrells Inlet jumping the old Inlet Princess' wake when I was in 3rd grade. The second in high school when I realized the folly of trying to get out of Pawley's Inlet in big surf and pussed out instead of hammering down. No Coast Guards were called but lessons were learned...

I used to run an old sears jon boat with a 9.9 evinrude out of hogg inlet and surf the waves.

I've filled up a boat with water and barely made it back to the hill. Bilge pump failure on that one.

I lost a motor off the back of a jon boat with a rotten transom in the dark and breaking ice.

I should have sunk a dozen times, and should be dead at least three times. I wear an inflatable when runing now. If it gets hairy, I have no problem looking like the SS. Minnow. I want to see my kids grow up.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I used to run an old sears jon boat with a 9.9 evinrude out of hogg inlet and surf the waves.

I've filled up a boat with water and barely made it back to the hill. Bilge pump failure on that one.

I lost a motor off the back of a jon boat with a rotten transom in the dark and breaking ice.

I should have sunk a dozen times, and should be dead at least three times. I wear an inflatable when runing now. If it gets hairy, I have no problem looking like the SS. Minnow. I want to see my kids grow up.

Yep. I had a 15' jonbote with an 18hp Evinrude that still had shear pins and a homemade electric starter. Lots of lessons learned there too. No trailer. Had to drag that mofo behind the truck, 4wheeler, etc to the river every time for years to keep the Scumterites from stealing it. Got lazy and they stole it the first day I didn't drag it after all...

I never thought about heading out of MI in my 14' monarch jon boat w/25 johnson on the back with nothing but a compass heading to the 10 mile reef. Hit a wave 1 time runnin from a storm and broke the pilot shaft and thank the lord I had a rope around it when it snapped. Held that baby with 1 arm all the way back in. Got famous when I caught a 36lb kingfish and was on the cover of Fishfinder magazine. Old people have got to remember the Fishfinder mag. Them was the days
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I have a fond memory of towing a fella in from 20 miles offshore one stormy afternoon. He was by himself in a 17’ Sea Pro. I asked him what the hell he was doing 20 miles offshore and with a straight face told me he had stopped on his way in to try and catch a grouper. Towed him back to Wapoo Cut. Saw the same dumbass at the Liars Hole a few years later.

*edit to add, if you are on here I apologize for calling you a dumbass- charge on!!!
    Last edited by bitesize; 11-04-2022 at 02:46 PM.

I've been 20 plus miles out in my 17 high tide. Caught some groceries. Got the shit beat outta me on the way in.

Buddy in HS used to have a 20' jonboat with high sides with a 28 hp longshaft evinrude on it. We'd pile in that thing and follow the big boats out and fill the boat... He was a fishing SOB.

my 17 high tide. .
    I would like to see all of the meat that came onboard that bote in one pile...

Was a Tier 1 too.

GRADY.jpg
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It'll pull easier you lift them motors GC.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I would like to see all of the meat that came onboard that bote in one pile...
    Didnt fish long enough to make a big pile, but we ate good for a few days. Wind picked up. Was fishing in 100' out of Georgetown.

I sunk an outboard in an oxbow in Arkansas, when I was a kid I found a POS sailboat in the woods next to our house and launched it- sunk it in the middle of Ballentine cove. Held onto to anchor line, attached it to my life jacket and swam home. One of the neighbors saw me and helped me drag it out of the water, had it dried out and was putting it back when I found it when owner caught me. They got it as a present for their grandkids, I don’t think it ever made it back on the water.