Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Default Teachers

Back in 92 my wife went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant here in Columbia, and I'm keeping this short.

The place was filled up right well as a crowd of teachers was in there taking more than half the restaurant.

Right after we were seated, two fellas came in armed and robbed the place and all patrons. I chased after them......They were caught. One that night, one a few says later and a sister turned her brother in.

Ok. On the one caught that night, and the others since the police quickly figured out who did it, the patrons were asked to identify the patrons. My wife and I did it without any question.

Those teachers, and they every bit as a good look as we did, would not do it. Not one. Not a single damn one. What is it with them? Why are teachers so afraid, generally, to face the bad guy??? Take the teachers saying they won't arm themselves for example.

By the way, I was shot at 9 times that night and missed. I was much thinner back then.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

you chased an armed guy with a gun... sounds smart. Been watching too much Jackie Chan.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 02-22-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    I was much thinner back then.
    Faster, too, I'd bet.

BTW - I love the tag line - is that new?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Many of them live in a world of ideals, where there should be no violence, and where any conflict should be resolved by reasoning with one's adversary. Unfortunately, evil really does exist, and they simply lack the skills, abilities and common sense to deal with real-life situations.

In about 1990 a gunman came into an elementary school in Greenwood county and shot several people. Mrs. Finkbinder, the PE teacher came after him with a bat to stop him. She was shot at least once in the mounth.

You story is just not applicable to teachers. They are mostly brave in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by DJP; 02-22-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I should not have said stupid.

I taught school for 31 years and I DAMN sure don't want most of the teachers that worked with me carrying hand guns!
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

My wife is a teacher. She'd kick your ass and mine for no reason at all. Mess with her children or students, you'd be begging her to kill you. She's from Calhoun County though. That red dirt makes for crazy women.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

My mom was a teacher for 30 years. While she probably would never have carried a gun, she would have died for her students in a heartbeat trying to protect them. But back in those days, the only people that brought guns to school were hunters, not killers.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Yeah, you don’t know the teachers I know. They’re all pretty laid back from June-August, but from September-May, they have a crippling condition known as “teacher tired” and you best pick your spots if you’re gonna in any way interact with one, much less confront em. I’ve found it’s best to approach them with wine first and go from there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Back in 92 my wife went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant here in Columbia, and I'm keeping this short.

The place was filled up right well as a crowd of teachers was in there taking more than half the restaurant.

Right after we were seated, two fellas came in armed and robbed the place and all patrons. I chased after them......They were caught. One that night, one a few says later and a sister turned her brother in.

Ok. On the one caught that night, and the others since the police quickly figured out who did it, the patrons were asked to identify the patrons. My wife and I did it without any question.

Those teachers, and they every bit as a good look as we did, would not do it. Not one. Not a single damn one. What is it with them? Why are teachers so afraid, generally, to face the bad guy??? Take the teachers saying they won't arm themselves for example.

By the way, I was shot at 9 times that night and missed. I was much thinner back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    you chased an armed guy with a gun... sounds smart. Been watching too much Jackie Chan.
    This is exactly why we are screwed if there is ever a WWIII
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I'm with feets. Be weary of a teacher during the school year. Especially those from south Georgia.

The fact that none of them would get involved makes me think there is more to the story. Maybe the school system asked them not to get involved because administration of schools are generally weak. Or maybe it was a former student.

Paint with a broad brush much?

Quote Originally Posted by PUDDY-T View Post
    She's from Calhoun County though. That red dirt makes for crazy women.
    Those and red heads from Sumter top the crazy list and split 1st place.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Did a redhead invasion happen in sumter i dont know about? And all women in sumter are crazy. Stay away from them.

Are you fucking serious? Every teacher I work with would chop your balls off for that generalization. Out of 60 something teachers at my school, I would say 30 of them have a CWP but have to lock their sidearm up in the parking lot. They would run into a burning building for one of their students. Maybe they just didn't care about you getting shot.

What a crock of BS. Most teachers nowadays will stand up for about anything they think is right. Administrators? Meh.......

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Yeah, you don’t know the teachers I know. They’re all pretty laid back from June-August, but from September-May, they have a crippling condition known as “teacher tired” and you best pick your spots if you’re gonna in any way interact with one, much less confront em. I’ve found it’s best to approach them with wine first and go from there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL... Being married to a retired teacher, I can tell you that is stone cold truth.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    LOL... Being married to a retired teacher, I can tell you that is stone cold truth.
    Mine is 16 years in. It gets worse when you let em pack up and get to talkin about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Mine is 16 years in. It gets worse when you let em pack up and get to talkin about it.
    Many times a day I think to myself, "I feel bad for these ladies husbands".