Thread: Garden Watering

Default Garden Watering

I am thinking about rotating the garden to a fairly remote spot in my yard (not that far away just not close to where my water is.) When I first cleared my yard and planted new trees I used 5 gallon buckets with a drip line to water them. That was every day filling them up and removing debris etc. So I was thinking about getting one of those big liquids tanks that have been on the TP recently and using it. Has anyone tried with a tank that large? Seems like it would just be a matter of metering the valve or the orafice at each plant. In theory, I could mix my fertilizer directly for continuous feeding. Thoughts? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Sound great until I picture a giant tank sitting in your yard.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I did exactly that one summer. Filled a 330 gal tote and parked on the uphill side of the garden. Made a pvc fitting to go from the tank to a hose fitting and bought a hose x drip tape fitting. I just snaked the drip along my rows and it worked great, just a lot of work filling and hauling.

I’d get 10-10-10 and dissolve in a bucketful water then pour into the tote, just not letting the solids go in. It can be done, but you’d come out better buying 1” oval hose to run from your spigot to the tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

the answer is still 7
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

run a garden hose to a 1 inch header line, with drip tape I keep a 1 acre garden irrigated with this setup. or did until I moved.