Thread: Big Razorback

Default Big Razorback

So I had this big boar show up on camera at my farm on October 1st this past year. He’d show up on camera about once every week never in daylight. Well this went on until after deer season was over, never a daytime picture and no pattern. So just under three weeks ago I put a trap out with the idea that maybe just maybe I could catch this mythical beast. Well after two weeks of checking the trap daily and catching two extremely terrified deer, even though I was using soured corn as bait. I was beginning to feel pretty pessimistic about the whole thing. Well all that ended today. This was the first hog to show up on our farm and I’ll be more than happy if it’s the last, although that’s probably wishful thinking. Thanks to Loud1 for helping me get him weighed, 320 lbs.
    BC62AECC-3CA2-4C05-8E51-81E62A66BEBF.jpg
    E0FE2F26-93DB-4B1F-B304-8CA62CBD278E.jpg
    D60584C2-4D3F-4CAC-BE61-138A69C7043B.jpg
    008D822C-9764-4F27-9931-C9E46D6F185F.jpg
    E4B9CEA2-74C9-4605-A5BB-17AC87CFB60A.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

That's a biggun. Nice job
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Big one
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

That's a real one.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

That's a grow'd one. Good job.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Good killing! What did the scale say?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

320lbs according to the scale at 301 deer processing.
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

What type of trap?

A cage trap I borrowed from a friend, probably 6’x11’x5’ with a drop door gate rigged to a cinder that once knocked over the gate drops and locks down. Was looking at building a coral style trap but figured I’d try the free one first.

Congrats man - really nice hog. About as hard to cape as I've done. Thanks for bringing it can't wait to get it back to you.

From what I hear you will only get about 7 lbs of sausage out of that. Jk, good job

Big pig! Awesome bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Congrats man - really nice hog. About as hard to cape as I've done. Thanks for bringing it can't wait to get it back to you.
    Awesome job, Rodney! Love the pictures of all the deer you provided this year.

Nice teeth
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Looks like strong European genetics.

Congrats

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good kill.

I don't much about hog movement. I would guess he's roaming as he looks for love. In the past I've seen sign of a single hog moving through every now and again but it's never been regular.

I guess I'm surprised that a boar would show up regularly with no sows around. Can someone explain? Or maybe he is on the way to the sows?

You had a backhoe, should've just dug a hole and put him in it. Would have been simple and easy.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Gracious, what a pig. Congrats, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Good kill.

I don't much about hog movement. I would guess he's roaming as he looks for love. In the past I've seen sign of a single hog moving through every now and again but it's never been regular.

I guess I'm surprised that a boar would show up regularly with no sows around. Can someone explain? Or maybe he is on the way to the sows?
    Yea my guess along with others is that he would just pass through on his way to service his lady friends on other properties. I’ve been told by others that there are hogs on farms both up and down river from me.

Chuck knows the drill!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.