Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLA School Shooting Right Now

Some are reporting the FBI was warned specifically about the shooter. I can't speak to their protocols in this situation, nor what they did or didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Just look for the common denominator in the vast majority of these shootings.

They are white guys?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    All one has to do is look at our Constitution for the answer. Just look for the common denominator in the vast majority of these shootings.
    Gun free zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I have a question for y'all. My son goes to private school. The lower school (pre3k-2nd grade) has a fence around it and the gate is shut and each classroom is locked at 8am when class starts. I don't know about the upper school as I never go there. Is this normal? I like it.
    Both my kids are in public school. All doors to the building are locked once class starts, and the only access to get in the building is through the front office for the entire day. We can't even get into the office without being buzzed in. It's a little bit of a pain sometimes, but in the end I guess it's worth it.

I don't know the answer. Sad times for sure. Being around kids these days, it seems the ones who have parents that will discipline them tend to handle things better than the ones with no boundaries. We live in the best country in the world & our kids have it better than ever before but they can't seem to cope. There have always been weirdos but that's as far as it went. What is it that makes these people want to commit mass killings? Have we just flooded our country with pills to the point of no return? There is a crackdown on opioids right now. Could we see this on other drugs? Cut out some of the antidepressants etc? I mean there is a drug commercial on every 15 mins & I chuckle when I hear all the side effects. Almost all of them include the side effects of depression & suicide. Yet we are gobbling them up like candy. I mean Lord forbid we skip a meal to lower our cholesterol or lose weight. Let's not grieve or be sad when we can pop a pill to shut off those emotions. The body needs cleansing, physically & emotionally.

People who were mentally ill were locked away in the past and now they are given pills and left alone. People have been bullied forever and Guns have been around a long time.
    Last edited by BRR; 02-15-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Soccer. It took the kids out of the woods on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Both my kids are in public school. All doors to the building are locked once class starts, and the only access to get in the building is through the front office for the entire day. We can't even get into the office without being buzzed in. It's a little bit of a pain sometimes, but in the end I guess it's worth it.
    Same here in Greenville. I am impressed with the security at the local elementary school.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    People have been bullied forever and Guns have been around a long time.
    Yeah but there is a bullying epidemic these days. Or so they will tell you.

We used to let boys be boys. Now we just dope em up with aderall.

The best way to stop a bully is to punch him in the nose. We can't do that anymore. And even worse we reward the victims of bullying. We coddle them and tell them it isn't fair. Stop giving em a hastag and tell them to toughen up because life isn't always easy.

My son is too young to understand it yet. But he knows that not only do I expect him to defend himself from a bully, but I expect him to be willing to stand up for others. If he gets in trouble at school, so be it. I'll take the day off and we'll go fishing, drink grape soda, and eat gas station hot dogs.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 02-15-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I agree but security must be increased at schools! Why are there not checkpoints for kids coming in and out of school?
    I'm with you. My bank has detector doors. Blocks you off if you have something that dings in an enclosed space. That could work to an extent. Security of some sort is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post

The best way to stop a bully is to punch him in the nose. We can't do that anymore. And even worse we reward the victims of bullying. We coddle them and tell them it isn't fair. Stop giving em a hastag and tell them to toughen up because life isn't always easy.

My son is too young to understand it yet. But he knows that not only do I expect him to defend himself from a bully, but I expect him to be willing to stand up for others. If he gets in trouble at school, so be it. I'll take the day off and we'll go fishing, drink grape soda, and eat gas station hot dogs.
    "Social Media" wasn't around back then either and it has made everyone feel "special" for whatever it is they are going through when they can tell the world. The ADD ADHD wasn't around then either. If I had a case of ASS daddy would just cut it down to size with the quickness.

#redrock

#redrock
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 02-15-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    "Social Media" wasn't around back then either and it has made everyone feel "special" for whatever it is they are going through when they can tell the world. The ADD ADHD wasn't around then either. If I had a case of ASS daddy would just cut it down to size with the quickness.

#redrock
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Grape soda?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Just came out that the kid was training with a white supremacist group in Florida.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...ic-of-florida/

Pretty spot on. Fighting used to be no big deal when I was in school, sure I got suspended 3 or 4 times but it fixed things 99% of the time and you moved on.
    One of my wifes good friends from college married a “child bullying psychologist”, when he said he believed that a bullied child was doing no good standing up to a bully, I told him apparently he’d never punched one in the mouth when he was a kid. He did agree/believe the root of it all started with the parents.
    My boys will and do understand standing up for themselves and I will never punish them for it. There’s just something about your wife bringing your kid home from preschool and telling you he got pushed off the seesaw for a second time by a bigger kid, so he circled around and punched the kid in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

My oldest is bullied by his little brother constantly. I have to make him stand up for himself. My worry is that if he won’t stand up to his little brother he will never stand up to anyone
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    Grape soda?
    He meant to write "Choice Cherry Gold".

You can always Rocketman a bully's dad for raising trash. Junior will straighten up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Just came out that the kid was training with a white supremacist group in Florida.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...ic-of-florida/
    The world has gone crazy. A messican in a white supremacist group???