View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the outlawing of male turkey decoys?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would support outlawing all male turkey decoys

30 17.14%
  • I would not support outlawing male turkey decoys

34 19.43%
  • I would rather outlaw male decoys than cut the limit

20 11.43%
  • I would support outlawing fanning/reaping only

13 7.43%
  • I hate new laws

78 44.57%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlawing male turkey decoys

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    DT deleted it along with the deer youth day thread and the conservation bank thread.
    So, they got tatered?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    You need a Durango, some "don't give a shit", a passenger that knows to duck, and at least 2 shells.
    And a passenger that knows to cover his ear.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Always have a lefty in the passenger seat. That way there are no excuses.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I have proven myself incompetent in the videoing of a turkey hunt
    I've seen you video one.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    They should ban the phrase "call shy" also. Totally made up phrase that is nothing more than an excuse for failure.
    I haven’t read past this post and it might have already been said but I 100% agree

I’ve heard hens yelp more from November-February than all other months combined
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

#harsh

They should ban the phrase "call shy" also. Totally made up phrase that is nothing more than an excuse for failure.
    Come on man. Some on here believe public land birds deserve their own latin sub species name. Meleagris Gallopavo Publicanis. You best believe it's made known in the killing thread too.
    Last edited by Kioti; 02-21-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Come on man. Some on here believe public land birds deserve their own latin sub species name. Meleagris Gallopavo Publicanis. You best believe it's made known in the killing thread too.
    LOL...yes, I know. I've never understood the elevated status of the public land turkey.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

LOL...yes, I know. I've never understood the elevated status of the public land turkey.
    It's pretty simple. All variables that may ruin a hunt on private land exist on public land, except public land has a lot of stupid people. If I were to kill a turkey on public land, then I was able to close the deal on that particular bird before anyone else with a wma permit could. It means I was also fortunate that nobody bumped or otherwise ruined my chance. (I've never killed one on public and don't care either way)

The elevated status of a public land turkey stems from the fact that turkeys are stupid as shit. Turkey poets attempt to separate themselves from other turkey hunters by making their way seem harder. This includes but is not limited to: I don't use strutters, I don't use male turkey decoys, I don't use decoys at all, I don't kill silent birds, I use a sub gauge bo, it was on public, etc... It's humorous. They think this makes them better/cooler but its like the ricer at the stoplight revving his engine, he thinks he's cool but everyone else thinks he's a dumb ass.

Wade through a chest deep swamp full of moccasins to get to a high spot and kill him with a .410 or shoot one with a rifle, 100 yards away, from a deer stand under a feeder, in Texas and my opinion is the same. Congrats, you killed one of the dumbest animals in the woods, in his most vulnerable time of the year, when all the blood that used to supply his pea brain is now in his pecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I haven’t read past this post and it might have already been said but I 100% agree

I’ve heard hens yelp more from November-February than all other months combined
    #truth It's like they CAN'T shutup

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Put some names with that exaggerated comment. A turkey is a stupid animal. Public land hunting just has other variables you can't control like other hunters you didn't expect to be there. Get over yourself already that someone kills turkeys on public land and posts such.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by dbenn454 View Post
    It's pretty simple. All variables that may ruin a hunt on private land exist on public land, except public land has a lot of stupid people. If I were to kill a turkey on public land, then I was able to close the deal on that particular bird before anyone else with a wma permit could. It means I was also fortunate that nobody bumped or otherwise ruined my chance. (I've never killed one on public and don't care either way)

The elevated status of a public land turkey stems from the fact that turkeys are stupid as shit. Turkey poets attempt to separate themselves from other turkey hunters by making their way seem harder. This includes but is not limited to: I don't use strutters, I don't use male turkey decoys, I don't use decoys at all, I don't kill silent birds, I use a sub gauge bo, it was on public, etc... It's humorous. They think this makes them better/cooler but its like the ricer at the stoplight revving his engine, he thinks he's cool but everyone else thinks he's a dumb ass.

Wade through a chest deep swamp full of moccasins to get to a high spot and kill him with a .410 or shoot one with a rifle, 100 yards away, from a deer stand under a feeder, in Texas and my opinion is the same. Congrats, you killed one of the dumbest animals in the woods, in his most vulnerable time of the year, when all the blood that used to supply his pea brain is now in his pecker.
    Ditto for deer.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Put some names with that exaggerated comment. A turkey is a stupid animal. Public land hunting just has other variables you can't control like other hunters you didn't expect to be there. Get over yourself already that someone kills turkeys on public land and posts such.
    You are the primary culprit. You are exactly the person I was thinking of when I made the statement and it goes all the way back to the DNR board.

I know. You usually fire the same pot shot about it this time every year. If you were a turkey you wouldn't last with your predictability. Seems you complained back in the day that I was drawing too much attention to public land, increasing pressure. Now how could it matter if public land turkeys are so stupid and easy to kill?

Either way, I'm free to post what I like just as you are free to complain about it. I call it a shock gobble.

Tater you bother me about as much as a bug splatting on a windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Aggressive Rocky River wild turkeys captured, euthanized (photos)
    Updated February 3, 2018

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...r_wild_tu.html
    ----------------------------
    Wild turkeys strut through downtown Eugene

By Dylan Darling

The Register-Guard

JAN. 24, 2018

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...ugene.html.csp

Wild turkeys are terrorizing a Florida neighborhood

BY HOWARD COHEN

hcohen@miamiherald.com

January 26, 2018 11:22 AM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/stat...196829674.html
    B.C. town overrun by dozens of wild turkeys
    By Jaimie Kehler, CBC News

Posted: Jan 23, 2018

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...keys-1.4498698
    -------------------------------
    Too many turkeys?

EVE BYRON eve.byron@ravallirepublic.com Jan 28, 2018

Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks has proposed an increase in turkey hunting licenses to cull the population in Ravalli and Missoula counties.

EVE BYRON Ravalli Republic

http://missoulian.com/news/local/too...0f70f9f52.html

Wild turkeys terrorize neighborhood residents

By: Jordan Whittington
    January 27, 2018 5:22 PM

http://www.wbrz.com/news/fowl-play-w...ood-residents/

Seminole County special ops team may help with wild turkey issue
    By: Angela Jacobs

Updated: Jan 26, 2018 - 5:30 PM

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/semin...ssue/689743649
    ---------------------------------
    Wild Turkeys Showing No Fear, Plenty Of Attitude In N.J. Town
    Feathered Creatures Staking Claims To Washington Township Properties, Even Disrupting Traffic

February 26, 2018 at 4:26 pm

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — They are everywhere and don’t seem like they plan on leaving any time soon.

Wild turkeys are invading residents’ space in Washington Township, even disrupting traffic, CBS2’s Marc Liverman reported Monday.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/...e-in-n-j-town/
    -----------------------------------

If you really want to save the gobblers why not push for feeders to be cut off Jan. 1st instead of the way it is now. Turkeys become addicted to those damn things and stay that way for months after they are turned off. A decoy is not half the problem those are.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    If you really want to save the gobblers why not push for feeders to be cut off Jan. 1st instead of the way it is now. Turkeys become addicted to those damn things and stay that way for months after they are turned off. A decoy is not half the problem those are.
    Uh oh Lab don't go there. You'll be stepping on too many toes. I mean if patterning birds to your land with a feeder in front of your game cam actually happened a lot I mean. And, well it is removed supposedly 2 weeks prior to opener anyway allowing those birds to roam aff to China. Purely coincidence that hens and gobblers that follow the hens have been eating there for 3 months and are now patterned there to that area with a date and time stamp in some game cam just in case some want to actually verify it, not use it for a time to be there themselves or anything.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.